24 | live

Suji~

Suji~

"Do you want mine?" Taehyun asked while we had lunch at a nearby Japanese restaurant. I already finished my fair serving of chicken yakisoba, but he still has a lot on his plate.

"I mean... if you're not gonna eat it." I took my chopsticks and transferred some onto my own plate.

"If I didn't know you two, I would think you're dating..." Yina remarked and I choked on the noodles. "By the way, why did you two disappear yesterday?"

"We wanted you and Junhyuk to have your moment." Taehyun said in defence.

"Whatever." She shrugged. Yina is so quick witted, I know our secret won't stay hidden for very long.

We went out to go shopping at Lotte Mall after our meal. The couple seems to be getting a long, while Taehyun and I still remained awkward.

His phone suddenly started to ring, so he immediately grabbed it and left to go answer the call.

"Isn't this cute? I can't wait to go baby shopping during my third trimester." Yina showed us the cute little onesies and I completely agreed.

"Your baby bump is actually very visible now," Junhyuk giggled while hugging her from behind, rubbing his hands around her belly. "You look even prettier when pregnant."

"Stop trying to flatter me." Yina turned around and kissed him on the cheek.

"I'm only saying the truth." He pecked her forehead and they both blushed. Gosh! It's as if they completely forgot about my existence.

"Oh, you're still here?! I thought you wandered off with Taehyun." She commented without letting go of her man.

"He went to go get a call," I pointed towards him and they both said ohh. "You two are good now?"

"No way!" Yina blurted out and they quickly repelled. Actions speak way louder than words.

"Uhm, I think I need to go back to Seoul now. There's an emergency." Taehyun nervously told us.

"Okay, I'll come with you." I said and he nodded.

__________________________

Suji~

"What happened?" I took my stuff and went to Taehyun's dorm. Since I never really take things out of my suitcase, I'm ready and completely packed.

"Dabin collapsed again. The hospital called me over." He rushes to pack his things, so I help him.

"I didn't know she was that sick. I see her take medications, but I didn't know it was this bad." I mentioned and he nodded.

"She has leukaemia," Taehyun looks down in exhaustion. "Whenever she leaves your dorm during the weekends, I take her out to go for chemotherapy. She doesn't actually stay at my place. We've just been trying to get her better."

I suddenly felt a wave of guilt pass through me. All this time, I got jealous of them for spending so much time together even though they're dating... when really, he's helping her stay alive.

It's true that love makes people want to live.

I've experienced it myself. All the things I did to help my mom when she had cancer, and how much I wanted to disappear once I lost her.

"She needs you way more than I do," I embraced Taehyun before letting him leave. "Please be good to her."

___________________________

Taehyun~

I immediately went to the hospital once I arrived back to Seoul, quickly finding Dabin's suite to be by her side. She laid there with wires attached allover her body, her resting peacefully.

"What happened to her?" I asked the doctor and took a deep breath.

"She collapsed after her chemo session. None of the treatments are working on her anymore. The count of white blood cells her body has secreted is just way too high at this point." He explained.

"How much longer?" I almost choked on my words as I asked the hardest question.

"Three months at most." The doctor patted my back.

"Is there any way she could live longer?" I couldn't feel my body. Everything just felt so cold and empty.

"Unfortunately, there's nothing else we can do. She's had leukaemia for more than five years, and it only continued to get worse. It would take a miracle for her to survive."

__________________________

So Taehyun was gone from Twitter for 22 days then suddenly posts that video of him doing boxing out of nowhere... SICK AND TWISTED?!?!

Song: SEVENTEEN (세븐틴) — Hug