18 | milk cartons

Suji~

Suji~

"Unbelievable." I shook my head after hearing about Yina and Junhyuk's arranged marriage. When we were younger, their parents were dead set on making them marry in the future. Now with the baby on board, there's no way they would ever change their minds.

"Once Yina tells you the news, pretend you've never heard about it." Taehyun didn't even eat half of the jjamppong, since it was too spicy. He's still sweating beads right now.

"Of course," I sat back and sighed. "I know Junhyuk has good intentions... but a part of me can't seem to trust him. I feel like he might hurt her again, especially when their child is older."

"I thought I was the only one who felt that way. I'm against their marriage too! The fact that they're moving in together again? Who knows what could happen... I'm more relieved if she continues staying with you and Dabin."

"Are we exaggerating things? Maybe we shouldn't butt into their problems," I scratched the back of my neck. "But then again, Yina has so many weaknesses. It avoids her from making good decisions."

"How did she even get pregnant?" Taehyun asked like he's drunk. We didn't even have any alcohol, just jjamppong and a few small cartons of milk.

"How are babies made?" I smirked and he rolled his eyes, laughing. "You would know that very well."

"Be quiet!" He chuckled. "I'm not that needy anymore... maybe just once a week now? Also, I didn't word my question correctly. I meant to ask why not how."

"Ew, don't tell me! I don't care what you and your girlfriend do." I yelled in disgust. Honestly, I secretly envy her...

"Oh yeah, Dabin said you went on a date with Beomgyu? How did that go?" He took another carton of milk and chugged it down.

"He stood me up," I scoffed. "Maybe he knew."

"Knew what?" Taehyun tilted his head and gazed at me with his doe eyes.

"That I'm still into you."

___________________________

Taehyun~

"Thanks for dropping me off! Also, don't take what I said earlier too seriously... I was just joking." Suji giggled taking out her keys.

"So... you don't like me anymore?" I looked down and asked in all seriousness.

"Would it even matter if I still do? I'm left behind in the past already... you said so yourself," she forced out a smile. The door finally opened and we made our farewells. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight." I replied, having some sense of guilt. Maybe I feel bad for saying those harsh words to her before... but then again, it was the only way I knew to stop leading her on.

I got into my dorm, and for once Kai is actually home. He's already deeply asleep, but still on video call with his girlfriend. Those two can't spend a second without each other- I swear, they should just move in together.

I remember when Suji used to come home late from the café. I would usually be asleep already, but then wake up at the sounds made from the slightest movements by her. I loved greeting her after work, I felt like both our worries would go away once we were in each other's arms.

It was just me.

Sometimes I still hope she'd come home, but then reality slaps me. I don't want to hurt myself anymore and those around me, especially Dabin.

I hop into the bathtub to take a warm shower, doing absolutely anything to get Suji out of my mind.

So, she still has feelings for me?

Damn, what do I have to do to get that thought out of my mind? Would it even matter what I think? It's contradictory to what I feel anyways.

Why can't my heart just stop beating this way for her? I need to let her go. I already have, and it should stay that way because it would be unfair to Dabin.

I already tried everything. There was a time I drank and partied like crazy, studied my ass off, I even got a new girlfriend... absolutely anything to divert my attention from Suji.

Hell, why do I still end up coming back to her?

___________________________

TXT CB AUGUST LETS GOOO<3

Song: STAYC (스테이씨​​) — LOVE FOOL (사랑은 원래 이렇게 아픈 건가요)