2 | lavenders

Suji~

Suji~

Meeting a few inventors today, I woke up extra early to freshly bake some of my staple goods. If all goes well, I will be able to expand my business to other cities. My bakery will have franchises... hopefully.

After packing the goodies into cute little containers, I took a quick shower- that being, I'm actually quite behind on time. I scavenged through my closet, trying to find something presentable to wear.

I grasped onto something and immediately let go of it. I just stared at the soft grey sweater while my eyes began to shake.

It was Taehyun's.

*Flashback*

"It smells like you." I wore his sweater while drowning myself onto the crook of his neck. He smells like lavenders.

"You keep sniffing my sweater, but I'm literally right here." Taehyun brushed his fingers against my lips, which sent chills throughout my whole body. I soon found myself straddling onto his lap, hungrily kissing him. The woman I've become...

"I love you." I planted multiple pecks allover his face.

"I love you more." He kissed my forehead. We just stared into each other's eyes for a while, losing track of time.

We haven't moved in together for quite long. Maybe three months, but that doesn't change the fact that we've dated for more than two years. He knows everything about me, vice versa.

"Let's get married once we graduate. How does that sound?" Taehyun suggested and my eyes completely lit up.

"Sounds like the best thing I've ever heard." I smiled happily and continued to embrace him like crazy.

He's everything to me. I can't imagine how my life would be like without him.

*End of flashback*

__________________________

Taehyun~

I went through my pockets, then into my bag looking everywhere for my keys. Did I really leave them inside my dorm? How will I get in now?

I looked at the time, and sure enough I've wasted many. I decided to just sit down near the front door and wait until my roommate arrives. It's probably gonna take a while before Huening Kai gets home.

Actually, Kai and I didn't get along so well in high school. We've both matured greatly, and he's now one of my closest friends. It's crazy that he's actually dating Yerim now- in fact, they've been together for quite a while now and he always comes home late... sometimes, not at all.

"Why are you sitting there?" I heard a sweet feminine voice in front of me. I put down my book and became relieved once I saw Dabin.

"I forgot my keys inside, so I'm waiting for my roommate." I explained to her and she chuckled.

"You shouldn't be out in the hallways! How about you come over for a while and help me finish this bucket of chicken?" She held up her purchase in delight. I gave up and came with her. To my surprise, she lives right beside me.

"So you're my neighbour." I looked around her room, and it's engulfed with band posters and vinyls. She had her bass and keyboard near one corner, including a table that contains composing equipment. Visually speaking, we seem to have lots in common.

"And so are you." Dabin placed the bucket onto the table. We took turns washing hands, then each opened up a can of beer to go along with the chicken. I've been having this combination very often lately and it never gets old.

"Do you have a roommate as well?" I asked and she sighed.

"They all left after a few days. Apparently they don't appreciate my noise music." She exaggerated the last words.

"You have a really nice voice! People even come to that pub just to see you," I honestly complimented her. "They don't know real music."

"You're a damn great speaker, Mr. Kang! You don't have to flatter me so much, I'm open to constructive criticism." We clicked cans and laughed.

We spent the rest of the afternoon talking about music and personal stuff. Everything she said was so enticing, so detailed and interesting. Objectively, there weren't any bland moments within our conversation. I could already feel her strong sense of values and beliefs, simply by the way she talks.

I've never met anyone like her.

"I probably sound crazy... maybe I'm just drunk." Dabin giggled.

"No, I totally understand and agree with you." I stared at her in awe. I've never heard such a detailed and well thought of answer to that question.

My question was, "When is the right time to move on?"

___________________________

QUESTION: Did you read 'Educational Purposes - Taehyun' before this book?

(If not, that's okay too- you will still understand the story hehe)

Song: Heize (헤이즈) — Diary (일기)