25 | run away

Suji~

Suji~

"Why didn't you go with him?" Junhyuk asked once I followed them back to the hotel.

"It wasn't my place to do so. My presence might just cause more harm than good." We laid the takeout food down onto the table, immediately digging into it.

"Oh, it would. You're been a bad friend to Dabin. Very bad." Yina took a chicken leg and began aggressively chewing on it. Her cravings are so strong.

"You know about what happened?" I looked at Junhyuk and he shrugged. I don't think he knew either.

"Of course I do. I'm quick to find thing out, and it helps a lot that Taehyun and Junhyuk talk so loudly." She shook her head.

"I'm sorry, I know I shouldn't have. I wasn't thinking properly..." I looked down and felt my heart sink. I became even guiltier after finding out Dabin's very sick. "I don't know what to do."

"How about you just leave them the fuck alone? You're basically killing her at this point." Yina rolled her eyes and stood up to go wash her hands.

"Sorry about that, she's shocked and her hormones are just..." Junhyuk apologized to me, which made her even angrier.

"Why the hell are you siding with them? I heard what you said to Taehyun! That's the problem with you cheaters, y'all don't have any conscience? You all are so damn selfish," she looked me up and down. "I never thought my best friend would do something like that. You're so disgusting."

It felt extremely humiliating to hear that from Yina. She's one of the people I never want to disappoint, since I've always looked up to her. Hearing those words from her... I feel wicked.

At first, I didn't want to run away again. I knew this time I'd have to take responsibility of all my actions. However, I've just messed everything up since I arrived here.

It was enough that I lost Taehyun, but now I'm losing Yina and Junhyuk too. I'm just a nuisance to everyone.

I grabbed my luggage and immediately booked a ticket for the next train back to Seoul. I'm not coming there to disturb Taehyun and Dabin- in fact, I'm there so I can officially leave. I'm going to retire from my job at the university, and find someplace else to reside. I shouldn't have even been flirting with a student; either way, I would have had to leave. Taehyun is a real danger to me.

I can't keep living like this. He was right, I am a coward. I only care about myself.

I don't want to be that person anymore.

___________________________

Taehyun~

"You're back? How about Junhyuk and Yina?" I asked Suji since she decided to pay a visit at the hospital.

"They're still back at Busan... Yina found out," she took a deep breath. "How's Dabin? Do you think it'll be okay if I go see her?"

"I don't think that's a great idea. Dabin's not in her best condition," I looked down in guilt. "I'm sorry about what happened back in Busan. It shouldn't have gone that way... I regret it. We should both just forget about everything from that trip."

"Okay," she didn't hesitate one bit. Suji's eyes started to water but none of it fell down her face. "I'm also sorry for everything that I've done. You've been really nice to me, thanks for giving me a second chance to be your friend. Goodbye."

I don't know why, but something in the way she walked away from me tells me that I won't be seeing her again in a long time. Or ever.

I don't know what it is that came over me, but I couldn't help and allowed my body to run after her.

To embrace Suji from behind, letting her know how much I still love her.

Maybe I'm scared of losing her as well.

"I love you, Suji."

"I know you do, and I love you too. However, whatever we have right now is extremely toxic. It's gone out of hand. I want to love you, but I don't want others to get hurt because of it." She caressed my face.

"I know it's been hard for you." I pulled her into my arms and patted her back.

"I'm sorry, okay? I'll have to leave again. Please don't get mad at me this time." Suji desperately looked me in the eye.

"I won't."

____________________________

So I got my second dose of the vaccine yesterday and I'm like so sick rn ahdhdh I've been sleeping the whole day

ALSO THE TXT CONCEPT PICS HELLO THE SKATEBOARDS-

Song: Pink Sweat$ — Body Ain't Me