10 | the breakup

*Flashback*

*Flashback*

Taehyun~

"Do you want to go on a date?" I asked Suji after she got home from her café. We haven't gone out in a while, since she's always busy with work and stuff. I truly understand, but sometimes it just gets so tiring... I want to spend time with my girlfriend, but she's just so occupied.

"I'm exhausted. Next time?" She entered the washroom and took a quick shower while I prepared dinner.

An endless routine of push and pull. It's been a while since the spark between us disintegrated, and it just feels like we're forcing our relationship to work out. I love her, I know I do... but I'm not sure if it goes both way around.

"Tomorrow? Don't tell me you have something to do. It's the weekends." I took my only chance to finally ask.

"My schedule is packed tomorrow. From six in the morning, to ten at night. I'm so sorry." She sighed while patting my shoulder.

"Who do you love better? Me or your business?" I stared into her eyes and gulped. "Please be honest."

Suji hesitated a bit. It took a while for her to answer, and I noticed the dilemma.

"Of course it's you." She tried to kiss me, but I slightly pushed her away.

"I've been supportive of you for the past four years, and you know how proud I am that my girlfriend has reached her dreams..." I rubbed the back of my neck in frustration. "But that's all you care about. If we're like this now, how about in ten years? What if we get married? How about me? Our kids? We'll need you."

"And I'll be there! I've been trying my best to sort out my schedule so that we can be together." She tried to hold my hand but I let go.

"Why do you need to fit me into your schedule? Am I a client?" I shook my head and scoffed. "If I'm really one of your priorities, then take one month off. Let's go on a trip to Europe... please?"

"You know I can't do that. Taehyun, you know how important this is to me. The company is rapidly expanding-"

"And we're slowly getting further away from each other," I stumbled backwards until my spine was against the wall. "Pick one again. Be completely honest- me or your business?"

"I'm so sorry," she put her jacket back on and headed for the door. "I think we should just break up."

"You're so selfish."

__________________________

Suji~

I stayed in a motel for a couple of days after Taehyun and I broke up. I needed some time alone to cry by myself, and also took that time to find a new apartment to move into. It would be awkward for us to live together any longer.

After I got the confirmation for my new place, I had to go back to our apartment to start packing my stuff.

My heart beat so fast on the way back, having moments in the taxi where I just broke down completely. I'm afraid to face him after knowing what I've done to us.

My fingers graced over the doorknob, hesitating to enter the room. I suddenly heard something crash, so I quickly opened and awaited me was a complete disaster.

Alcohol bottles smashed onto the floor, our framed photos also broken and other printed photographs ripped into pieces. Taehyun stood there crying while chugging down another bottle of wine.

"Don't do this to yourself." I tried to take the bottle away from him, but he resisted. I accidentally slipped and a glass shard sliced against my palm, since I caught myself with my hands after the fall.

"I'm sorry," he picked me up and laid me down on the counter, him being very drunk but still pretty strong. "Don't tell me Suji and I actually broke up? Where is she? Some weirdo might take advantage of her... it's getting late. I'll go find her."

"I'm right here, baby. I'm okay." A tear fell down my cheeks as I caressed his face with my thumb. I forgot about the cut, so some blood ended up on Taehyun's skin.

"I love you. Please don't leave me." Our foreheads met and we stayed like that for a while, the sound of our sad tears resonating throughout the kitchen.

His lips crashed onto mine, and we passionately made out on the cold counter. I could taste the alcohol he drank, as he was clearly intoxicated. He began devouring my neck, while his hand made its way up my shirt.

This is so wrong.

"I'm sorry," I pushed him away. "We've already broken up."

*End of flashback*

__________________________

Oml I just found out from twt that Taehyun drank three bottles of soju and didn't get drunk agsgdhh his alcohol tolerance is highhh📈

Song: Acourve (어쿠루브) — We must break up now (우린 이제 헤어져야 )
^^ if you look up the lyrics for this it insanely correlates to the chapter