11 | new beginnings

Suji~

Suji~

The day finally came, where I had to get all my stuff and get the fuck out of my old apartment. The movers were honestly a blessing, since I barely had to do anything and they just let me rest.

I looked around my new place, aware that I will be sharing it with another person. It's fine though, since it's fully paid for by the institution.

My roommate seems to be nothing alike me. They have instruments everywhere, and their space looks like a recording studio. It does look really cool.

I brought the boxes to my own room and began to unpack. I had to throw away a lot of items back in the apartment, since the dorm room doesn't have as much space. I'm just glad there's two separate bedrooms rather than a shared one.

The front door suddenly flew open, so I stood up and peaked from the crack. The girl entered and said goodbye to someone from the other side. It must be her boyfriend, since I heard some smooching.

I grabbed the rice cakes that I baked last nice, preparing myself to meet her.

"Hey! Are you my roommate?" I reached out my hand and instead, she gave me a fist bump.

"Yes, I am! You're about to have the best time of your life." She winked and I just chuckled. She's so pretty and cheerful. Her beautiful straight blonde hair falls neatly down her back- yes, she obviously bleached it but the colour is super even. She has a pretty small face with delicate features and is quite tall. Anyone would totally go crazy for her.

"I'm Park Suji!" I introduced myself to her while handing over the rice cakes, which she gladly took. She was surprised for a bit, but with a hint of curiosity.

"Your name sounds very familiar..." she squinted her eyes. "By the way, I'm Kim Dabin! If you need help with anything, I'm gladly right here."

Dabin? Her name is also recognizable, but I don't remember where I've heard it.

"Wait," she stopped after putting down the dessert onto our shared countertop. "Do you know Kang Taehyun?"

"Yes," a lightbulb suddenly clicked. Dabin was the girl he mentioned before... I don't know if I should tell her I'm Taehyun's ex, in case he hasn't mentioned it yet. "I was a high school friend of his."

"I'm Taehyun's girlfriend," she smiled with her eyes. "He's talked about you a lot. Four years was quite a long time."

I already knew it, but hearing her say his name and that she's his.... it brought even more pain to me. Also, the fact that she knows my background. I'm not sure how Dabin's like yet, but she could definitely use my past against me if she wanted to.

So the guy outside earlier was Taehyun... just great.

"He lives next door." Dabin stated.

"Oh gosh," I sighed heavily and she patted my back. All I know is that I want to be honest to this girl... I don't want my roomie to hate me. "I went to see him recently. He really cares about you."

"He told me about it. I'm sorry about that, he shouldn't have yelled at you. He was panicking a lot that day." She apologized on behalf of him, which made me feel even worse.

"No, it's totally fine! I heard you needed to be taken to the hospital? Are you okay now?" I asked in concern.

"Oh... yes, I'm fine now!" She awkwardly answered. Maybe it's a sensitive topic and I shouldn't have asked.

Dabin helped me unpack and organize my stuff, which gave us the time to get to know each other better. She's very sweet and smart, like Taehyun. I could clearly understand why they fell for each other.

"How did you and Taehyun meet?" I asked and she just chuckled.

"It was at a pub, actually..." she then told me the story about how he helped her perform by playing the piano, so that she could successfully finish her gig. Their love story sounds really cute.

"You two have a lot in common. It must be a blast whenever you're together." I tried to hold my tears back as I complimented them.

"It really is," Dabin giggled. "I love spending all my time with him. If I could have him 24/7, that would be the best thing ever. He's super caring and lovable."

"He really is." I smiled to myself.

Time.

I'm glad she's giving him whatever was missing from our relationship.

______________________

Song: Olivia Rodrigo — Happier