17 | blame

Taehyun~

Taehyun~

"Yina and I told our parents," Junhyuk slumped down onto the couch and turned away from me. "They want us to get married or else we'll get disowned."

"Does Yina want to?" I immediately thought of her wellbeing. I'm definitely against their marriage.

"Of course not, but it's not like we have a choice? We're both heirs of our parents' companies. If we lose both sides, we can't guarantee to give our child the future they deserve." He actually thought logically.

"Marriage and a child are commitments that will last forever. You promise to never hurt or turn your back against her ever again, doesn't even matter if you two are only sealing the deal for a contract and certificate." I groaned in frustration. This situation could have been avoided if they were just more careful, or even abstinence... then again, I would be a hypocrite for saying that.

"I'm proposing to Yina. I at least want her to feel like she's getting engaged, and not to some lowlife asshole who cheated on her..." he buried his face into his hands. "Before you say anything, I'm not trying to lead her on. We're already getting married anyways, so whatever happens I'll need to take care of her and our baby... like you said, it's a commitment."

"You're finally coming to your senses," I shook my head. "Better break up with your other girlfriend as well."

"I already did. Cheating got me nowhere... I just hurt the girl I love. When we went to tell our parents, she actually had it much worse than me. They mostly blamed her for what happened, even slut shammed her- she's their own child!? I know lots of people will look down upon Yina, so I want to protect her. My heart stops whenever I think about our future."

I can tell that he's obviously starting to regret what he did before, but there's still a part of me that's afraid of him repeating the same mistakes. Cheating is usually repetitive once started, doesn't matter if he feels bad about it right now. That's momentarily guilt. However, I'll have to learn to trust him. He'll be family soon.

"Yina loves you a lot. She even lost her smile after you left her, so now you'll need to bring it back to her."

___________________________

Suji~

I bumped into Taehyun after classes, so I waved my arms up and he came over towards me. I forgot that he's actually tall, so I felt quite small beside him.

"You came out from that building?" I tilted my head in confusion. I suddenly remembered that was Yina's old apartment. "Did you talk to Junhyuk?"

"Yeah, I did. Did Yina tell you the plan?" He looked at me and I just froze. I have no idea what he's talking about, so he immediately changed the topic. "I'll treat you. What do you want to eat?"

"It's starting to get kind of chilly," I spun around and saw an old Korean restaurant near the campus. "Jjamppong!"

"I can't eat spicy... okay, sounds good!" I totally heard what he said, but ignored it. Taehyun gets pressured to say the truth whenever he eats spicy stuff. It works better than alcohol.

"Perfect!" I grabbed his wrist and began hopping over to the restaurant. Yes, I'm in my absolute best mood. My crush is paying for my meal!

"I'm just gonna ask Dabin if she's eaten. You can start ordering." He excused himself and called her on the phone. I totally forgot he has a girlfriend.

I looked through the menu and ordered the spiciest one possible, so that it would be nearly ready once he's back.

"She already ate with Yina, they ordered something over at the dorm. Even saved you some leftovers," he chuckled. "You have really great friends."

"I really do." I smiled. The fact that one of my best friends is his cousin, and the other is his girlfriend... of course he's going to say they're great. He's completely right though- they're amazing.

"How's your classes lately? Are those rude punks still bothering you?" Taehyun took a sip of the soup and his eyes immediately went wide. Maybe I should have added extra chili flakes for fun.

"It's been nice, actually. Those guys completely backed away," I patted his shoulders while he sweated. "I really appreciate what you did that time."

"Do they sell milk here?" He panted.

___________________________

Song: CHEEZE (치즈) — Never Loved This Way Before