32 | baked expectations

Suji~

Suji~

I felt a lot better once I woke up, coming into realization that Taehyun really cared for me last night even while I was asleep. My fever hasn't completely disappeared, but it's not as bad anymore.

"Thank you." I whispered while giving his cheek a quick peck.

He soon got up moments after me; greeting me with a big smile and brushing his fingers through my hair, first thing in the morning.

I love waking up to him beside me.

"I have to go to work soon." I tell him and he shook his head.

"You still have a slight fever. How about I takeover for you today?" Taehyun suggested and I just chuckled.

"Can you handle it? There's a lot to learn before you can manage a business." I tell him and he was way more than eager to learn. His eyes lit up as I explained to him what will need to be done.

"I think I can do it... plus, those two high schoolers are there. It'll be okay!" He didn't even blink once.

"You can blink, babe. I'm not holding you hostage." I giggled and he instantly exhaled, not even realizing that he's been holding in his breath this whole time.

"You need to feel better, okay?" He stared at me with those doe eyes of his that sparkle.

"Promise, I will!" I held out my pinky and we made our little promise.

"I love you so much, you know that?" Taehyun proudly told me.

"I know," I pulled him closer for a quick kiss on the lips. We repelled almost immediately, since I don't want him getting sick as well. "I love you too."

I've never felt so happy. I just want to be with this man for the rest of my life.

___________________________

Taehyun~

"I'm your manager today, just bear with me." I awkwardly explained to the two part timers, Soobin and Arin.

Thankfully, the two are incredible bakers so I didn't have to do much. I just made cupcakes, since that's all I knew how to do. I also mostly just worked up front and served the goods.

"Can I get your number?" One of the costumers asked me. I got the same question at least fifteen times today, and even a calling card from an entertainment company.

"I'm taken." I smiled and she pouted. I served her order, and it was like she completely forgot about what she said earlier. Fortunately.

"That was the busiest day ever... not even that many people come here when we have promos," Arin sighed heavily while clapping. "Your power."

"I usually bring in a lot of costumers too!" Soobin bragged and gave Arin a side eye. "But you're something else, I admit. University guys are really different."

"You'll look even better once you reach your twenties." I patted his shoulder, handing the mop over so he could start cleaning.

"How did you and Ms. Suji meet?" Arin asked while wiping the counters.

"She transferred to my school and won me over with rice cakes. We lived close and she gave me some when we first met," I giggled while reminiscing about the past. "It's always been her dream to have a bakery. You know, most of these cupcake flavours... we created them together."

"That's irritatingly cute. Couples are so annoying." Soobin rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, so annoying!" Arin pretended to puke. The two just stared at each other and laughed.

"Let me guess... you both have been single your whole lives?" I blurted out and they both grew flustered. "I mean, there's nothing wrong with that. If you're thirty and still not taken, you two can get married to each other."

"Ew!" Soobin's face scrunched and shook his head. "I would rather get ran over by a car than marry her."

"You're speaking too soon. I have a friend who hated this girl, and now they're engaged and expecting." I chuckled thinking about Yina and Junhyuk.

"Do you have any cute friends? You know... so I don't have to be single until I'm thirty. I'm legal very soon." Arin whispered to me.

"Are you okay if I introduce her to some guys?" I asked her coworker and he scoffed.

"Do whatever you want!" Soobin replied, passive-aggressively.

___________________________

TXT'S COMEBACK BYEEE THIS IS MY FAV TITLE TRACK EVER ITS INSANE AHDHDHDH

Song: TXT (투모로우바이투게더) — Moa Diary (Dubaddu Wari Wari)