27 | sweet tooth

Taehyun~

Taehyun~

"How are you feeling?" I asked Dabin as she rests on the hospital bed. Her condition looks much better than earlier.

"I'm feeling well," she smiled. "How about you? You seem to have a lot in mind lately. You can tell me."

I feel so guilty, but if I don't tell her now... when else would I get the chance to?

"Dabin... I'm sorry," I went down on both my knees and kneeled, begging for forgiveness. "I've done something incredibly horrible. I'm so sorry."

"What did you do?" Her eyes began to water and she couldn't look at me anymore. "What did you and Suji do?"

"While we were at Busan, I made a big mistake... and the whole time I was dating you, I still had feelings for her. I'm sorry if I used you as a rebound, I should have considered how you'd feel. I didn't know that I still love Suji so much. I've been very unfair to the both of you."

"I'm really hurt and disappointed, but I'm not angry. I dated you in the first place, knowing that you could disappear from me any time. I was paranoid that you might come running back to her one day... I knew I'd have to let go of you eventually. Ever since we've been together, you've been more conflicted and uncertain about your decisions. You think too much, Taehyun. You love Suji, and you're happy with her. We can all see that. Who am I to stop you?" Dabin caressed my cheeks.

"I'm so sorry..." I embraced her and she whispered "it's okay" while patting my back. "We're still gonna be best friends, and I swear I'll still take care of you. You know how much you mean to me, right?"

"I do. Don't worry about me, I can manage..." she smiled. "Be happy for me."

"I will."

__________________________

Suji~

"Can I come over right now?" Taehyun told me over the phone, and I nodded even though he couldn't see me.

"I'm at the café right now, I'll leave soon. Do you mind waiting a bit?" I replied and he just chuckled.

"I'm on my way there, stay put." He mentioned before hanging up.

I smiled to myself and continued making sure that the store is extremely clean, so it's ready for a new day tomorrow. The closing process is most important to me, because I take cleanliness and organization very seriously.

I realized that there are a few extra cupcakes left from today, so I packaged them to take home. There were two other employees today, but I let them go home early since they worked long hours.

"You have one more customer. Did I arrive too late?" Taehyun looked around the shop while watching me finish up.

"Yes, you're late... but also, maybe you can be my exception." I jokingly twirled strands of my hair around my fingers.

"I'm so honoured." He mockingly hit his chest.

"I have something for you! I mean, they're kinda leftovers... but I still made them with all my heart." I gave him a cupcake and Taehyun was more than ready to take a huge bite.

"Lemon curd with buttercream frosting on a vanilla cupcake base..." he licked the frosting off his lips. "We made the same ones back in high school."

"Right? We did!" I chuckled. Taehyun just stared right into my eyes as if he was studying me, making my breathing halt.

"Should we go home now?" I blinked fast and panicked since the gap between us kept getting smaller.

"My place or yours?" Taehyun smirked. "Nothing weird- just, you know... we can watch a movie or something."

"Sounds good," I tilted my head. "Yours."

"My place it is, then."

____________________________

I got three taehyun yizhiyu pcs today from blue hour in the mail hehe crowd cheers

Song: Olivia Rodrigo — traitor