29 | cloud nine

Suji~

Suji~

"How was the rest of your time with Junhyuk?" I asked Yina once she got home from Busan. Her mood immediately changed once she saw me.

"It was nice." She shrugged before locking herself inside her room.

"Are you still mad at me? Can we talk?" I knocked on her bedroom door.

"What?" She finally opened up and let me in. I sat on her bed and my thoughts immediately clouded up. I forgot what I was gonna say because of nervousness.

"Taehyun broke up with Dabin. He told her what happened... we're together now." I bluntly explained in all honesty. I looked down because I already know she's judging me.

"Selfish assholes," she rolled her eyes. "You're absolutely perfect for each other."

"Yina..." I tried to talk her into it, but she won't budge. "I know I did wrong. When I came back here, my initial plan was to move away so that everyone could live peacefully. I didn't want to bother them anymore, I swear. Taehyun made the choice to be with me... he convinced me. I want to be with him too, so badly- I love him like crazy. You know how that feels?"

"I did, and it messed me up big time. There's things more important than love, such as responsibility. Those giddy feelings you get from love only last so quickly... you know that better than anyone. Don't say I didn't warn you."

"I'm aware, Yina. I've made that mistake before! I won't let it happen again- I'm not letting Taehyun go this time."

"But what happens if it becomes the other way around? What if he gets tired of you? You've seen it happen before."

___________________________

Taehyun~

"Why are you crying?" I asked Suji once she came barging into my dorm.

"That girl is so fucking offensive! Just because her relationship didn't go well, she thinks it's gonna be the same from everyone else!" she crossed her arms. "She should warn herself, not us."

"Who are you talking about?" I asked in curiosity.

"Song Yina!" Suji turned red in annoyance. "All the things that come out of her mouth is bullshit. She's basically telling us to break up? That's so fucking irritating- I would smack her if she wasn't pregnant!"

"Chill," I patted her head and made her look towards my direction. "She'll get over it eventually. We'll just need to prove her wrong, okay?"

"Whatever, I'm so annoyed. Can I stay at your place for a while? I don't know what I'll do if I see her," she loudly sighed. "That know it all... ugh."

"She's my cousin, watch it..." I can tolerate that much. "I know she can be too much sometimes, but it's because she's concerned. It'll take some time."

"I'm sorry I said that," Suji looked embarrassed but I told her it's okay. "I feel like we're putting more effort in trying to satisfy her and other people, than being happy for ourselves."

"I totally understand. It's been the same for me ever since, so your opinion and feelings are valid. We just want to be accepted by everyone," I interlocked my fingers with hers. "Also... you can definitely stay here."

__________________________

Suji~

"I heard from Yina... so you two?" Junhyuk asked while we sat awkwardly around the dining table. Yina is right across from me, and we haven't talked at all today.

"Yes, we got back together." Taehyun smiled at me.

"That's great!" He exclaimed and looked at his girl for reassurance. "Or not..."

"We went to the OBGYN earlier to get a check up on our baby, and we found out the gender!" Yina took out the envelope. "Well, we haven't looked yet... if you guys can tell us, that would be great."

She handed me the envelope, and I opened it excitedly. The results are on top of the sonogram, and in clear bold letter's it says...

Boy.

"Oh my gosh!" I gasped while showing Taehyun. The couple looks horrified. "Uhm... I think we should probably set up a gender reveal party, if you want."

"That would be perfect." They said in unison.

"Suji, I'm sorry for the things I've said to you lately... I shouldn't have acted that way. Thanks for doing this, we really appreciate it!" Yina took my hand in hers. "Can you be their godmother?"

"Of course, I would love to!" I stood up to go hug her. "Sorry I talked shit behind your back... I said some not very nice things about you to Taehyun. I'm also sorry for not listening."

"It's okay, bestie! We're all good now."

__________________________

Lol this is literally the most boring story ever shddhshdh if you're still reading this thanks a lot💀🤣

Song: Gsoul — Broken Record