9 | purpose

Taehyun~

Taehyun~

"The ex-boyfriend story... that wasn't real, right? It was to make an excuse for your bruises." I took Dabin's hand in mine as she struggled to admit it.

"I'm very sorry that I lied." She caressed my face with her left hand. I took it and planted a small kiss on the back.

"I understand why you did. It's okay... everything's going to be alright," I pulled her into an embrace and she began to cry on my shoulders. "I'm here for you."

"Thank you," she pecked my ear. "I'll stay strong for us."

"I know you will." I cupped her face and wiped her tears off with my thumbs.

Dabin scooted over, letting me lay comfortably beside her. We just looked at each other for a while, before laughing while talking about the most random things in life. I want her to forget about everything she's feeling right now, and just simply be happy.

"You have a very strong potential of being the best or worst boyfriend I could ever have." She chuckled and I just smirked.

"Maybe I do," I interlocked our fingers together. "Have you dated before?"

"Well, I've never been in a serious commitment. However, I did play around a lot during high school." She shook her head.

"No wonder." I licked my lips and she giggled. 

"I just realized I really need to live and heal. If we end up falling in love, I don't ever want you to get hurt again. You make me not want to die, when I really thought I should before... you make life sound so exciting, like I actually have a purpose."

"Because you do. We promised to start off again, together."

___________________________

Suji~

"Why were you standing there in the middle of the road? Where you trying to kill yourself?" Yina gave me a handful after she almost ran me over earlier.

"What's my purpose?" I laid down on the floor, sulking while looking up at the ceiling. "What have I done so wrong?"

"What happened?" She rolled her eyes and waited for me to talk. I just loudly sighed. "It's probably Kang Taehyun."

"He really cares about her," I laughed painfully. "Up to the point where he easily just threw me away, left me in the past and completely forgotten."

"What are you talking about? You always leave out the important details." Yina shook her head.

"I came to see Taehyun earlier to bring him back his stuff. He said those words to me, and also told me that there's no time for us anymore. He said he needs to take care of his girlfriend." I explained to her. I don't even know why I'm repeating over the words that hurt me so much.

"I'm sorry to hear about that," she helped me up and immediately pulled me in for a hug. "It's gonna be painful for a bit."

"It always has been."

I also explained to Yina about my school situation, and how I'm moving here soon. She's quite ecstatic by the news, but also sympathized with me because of the other fact. It's not going to be easy.

If I can just look at him without breaking down.

I can do it, right?

Yina allowed me to rest in the other room, while she cooked lunch and waited for Junhyuk to come home from class. They always have to share at least one meal together per day, which I think is very wholesome. Eating with the person you love makes the food taste so much better.

I closed my eyes and tried to forget the emptiness that I felt. I'm probably going to be melancholy for a while. Not because I'm a sulky bitch- okay maybe that too, but mainly because I feel so exhausted.

I looked at my schedule for the week, and cancelled everything. I never realized how occupied I was; looking over it is like a reality check to me. I've been overworking myself, never having time to just relax.

So this is what Taehyun hated about me.

__________________________

Song: GAHO (가호) — Shine On You (ft

Song: GAHO (가호) — Shine On You (ft. Villain)