22 | chance

Taehyun~

Taehyun~

"Are you sure about this?" I asked Junhyuk as he got ready for tonight. He grabbed the ring box from the side table and admired it as the diamond reflected off some light.

"I've never been so sure in my life." He smiled to himself. It would break him if Yina rejects his proposal, but at the same time he kind of deserves that.

We left our hotel room and met the girls downstairs by the lobby. Yina completely avoided his gaze, but he ended up taking her hand in his as we walked towards the beach.

"Why do I feel more nervous than Junhyuk?" Suji whispered to me and I giggled. I totally understand how she feels, because it's the same with me.

We finally arrived to the set, and Yina stared at me and Suji a couple of times before keeping her eyes down onto the ground. Yina already seems humiliated, like she just wants to get it over with.

"Junhyuk... look, this is all very nice but-"

"I'm so sorry," he took out the engagement ring and placed it onto her palm. He didn't kneel down onto the ground, or say some cheesy nonsense. "I know we're not on good terms right now, but I still want to give this to you. You don't have to answer me now. If you don't want to marry me, you can tell me whenever and I'll talk our parents out of it. I'll continue making it up to you and our baby. If by chance you end up wanting to marry me too one day, then you can put the ring on... just know I'm extremely sorry for what I've done and that I love you so much. I want to spend the rest of my life with you, but I don't want to do that if you're not going to be happy with me."

"Thank you for doing this," Yina put on a genuine smile while tears flowed down her cheeks. Junhyuk wiped them off with his thumbs before pulling her in for an embrace. "I really appreciate it."

"I'll do anything for you two." He kissed her forehead and they stayed like that for a while.

"I think we should go..." Suji quietly pulled me away from the scene.

"I totally did not expect that." I blurted out once the couple was nowhere to be seen.

"Neither did I! Since when did Junhyuk become so mature?" Suji was shaking her head at what we've just witnessed. "Second chances are really hard to get, huh?"

"Depends on the person." I shrugged.

"How about you? Do you believe in it?" She stopped midway through the tracks and sat on a stump. "My legs are getting tired. It's hard to walk on sand."

"I believe in second chances, but not many chances." I sat beside her as we watched the sunset.

"I guess I've already used up all my chances then." She attempted to rest her head onto my shoulders, but I moved away.

"Yeah you already did..." I accidentally rolled my eyes. "You know, you've already caused enough damage. The dumb things you do because of your "feelings" isn't only affecting me, but also Dabin. You need to stop thinking that the world revolves around you."

"You wouldn't be affected if you're truly over me. I'll stop making a mess once you stop lying to yourself." Suji pulled my collar and let our lips collide.

I suddenly became the person I would never want to be.

The type of person to hurt others because of selfish momentary emotions. A cheater, a backstabber... a monster. Junhyuk was correct about me being a hypocrite.

I held Suji in my arms until her back was up against a tree. I grabbed both of her wrist and pinned them over her head, aggressively kissing her lips- not wanting to miss even a bit of her taste.

"I love you, Taehyun." She mumbled and I used that opportunity to slip my tongue into her mouth.

___________________________

AHSHSHSHSHSH DED also soobin and arin's stage on mubank was so cute huhu I hope their contract gets extended <3

Song: ADOY (아도이) — SWIM