Chapter 40

LISA

"Jennie, be honest with me. I want the truth." She put down the two plastic bags she's carrying and took some steps forward.

"What is it? Is there something wrong, Lili?"

"You're pregnant, aren't you?" I coldly asked. She froze on her spot. Her mouth agapes. She was about to say something but quickly closed her mouth again like she's hesitating to give me an answer.

"At first, I didn't believe my doubts because I don't remember us doing that yet. But I realized something."

"Lili, what are you talking about? I'm not pregnant." She then faked a laugh. So I scoffed.

I stood up. "Something happened between you and Kai. Am I right? He got you pregnant. Didn't he?" She shook her head but she's obviously nervous right now already.

"Lisa, what the hell are you talking about?!"

"Oh, please. Stop lying, Jennie. Tzuyu was there! She told me that she saw you and Kai in the same bar where she went to relieve her stress. She even told me how you two drank so much that both of you got drunk! And you didn't even tell me! Is that why you didn't go home the next day? Because you were with him making some baby?" I received a slap from her but I laughed it off.

She still got some nerves to slap me when I'm just telling the truth.

"L-Lisa, nothing happened." She firmly stated.

"Nothing happened?! Then why are you acting strange these past few days?! And your belly seemed to grow as if you are pregnant! I noticed, Jennie! Just tell me the fucking truth already!"

She kept silent. She didn't say any word. She just looked at me, but I when I looked into her eyes, it must be true.

But I hope it's not.

Unfortunately...

"W-We were both so d-drunk. W-We lost our mind. We didn't know what we were doing. It...It happened so fast. Trust me, Lisa. We didn't mean to do it!"

...it was true.

I clenched my fist. I trusted both of them. Again. And they broke that trust. Again. I'm a fool. I'm a fucking fool. I hate myself.

I averted my gaze from her.

"Jennie...let's get a divorce." I muttered but enough for her to hear.

"B-Babe, let me explain, please? D-Don't leave me. It was just a mistake." She started crying. She reached for my hand but I took a step back.

"Mistake?! It was just a f*cking mistake?! Damn! You cheated on me! Not just once, Jennie! You did it twice! Do you think it was just a mistake?! Huh?! You chose to cheat on me! You f*cking hurted me again! Now you want to explain?! You don't want me to leave you?! You want to come back to my life again?! For what?! To hurt me again?!" I spitted out. I'm so angry right now.

"N-No! I love you! I still do! I'll love you forever!"

"That's the biggest joke I've ever heard in my entire life. You don't love me, Jennie. You didn't love me. So let's get a divorce. I don't want to see your face again. It just hurts to much."

"Lisa, what are you saying? I loved you. And I still love you. Please stop doing this." She begged while still crying.

"Do you think I'm a fool to believe your f*cking words again? It was just your f*cking lies. I'm not a fool anymore. I don't want to see you anymore. I will never love you again. Never ever again. Mark my words." I took my phone and car key from the drawer and was about to leave but I spoke again.