Chapter 38

[2 YEARS AFTER]

LISA

"Lisa, breathe. Don't be too nervous, okay? You can do this." Jisoo unnie said while Chaeng is caressing my back to calm me down.

"I can do this. I can do this."

"That's right, Limario. It's just a wedding."

"It's not just a freaking wedding, Chu. It's our wedding. Jennie and I."

"Lis, your voice is trembling. Are you that nervous?" Wendy unnie asked. I just nodded as a response because I can't utter a word anymore because of nervousness.

"Jennie is also nervous like Lisa." Irene unnie said who just came back from Jennie's waiting room. She sat beside Seulgi.

Yes, you read it right. Today is our wedding day. Last year, I proposed to Jennie on her birthday. Ofcourse, before that, I asked her parents for permission. And gladly, they agreed.

If you didn't know, after Jennie became my girlfriend again, we went to her parents' house so I can meet her parents. And I immediately got close to them than I expected. After that, we went to Thailand for her to meet my parents again. I promised to them that I will bring her again if ever we get back together. So I fulfilled my promise.

This is a dream come true for me. I waited for this moment. And now, it's finally happening. It's a good thing that I gave her another chance. Because look, we will finally get married.

"Wow. I still can't believe that you will now get married." Joy commented in which Yeri agreed.

Speaking of Joy, she's now engaged with Wendy unnie. We still don't know the exact date of the wedding because they're not telling us.

Irene unnie and Seulgi unnie are now married. The same goes to Chaeng and Chu , and Kai and Krystal. As usual, Yeri, Ten, and Bam are still single.

"Limario, someone wants to see you." My brows furrowed when I heard what Jisoo unnie said.

"Who is it?"

"It's for you to find out. Guys, let's leave first. Let's give them some time alone." She said to others. Before I can even speak, they already went out. And at the same time, I was shocked to see the person who wants to see you.

"Aigoo. My baby is getting married now." Sunmi unnie said as she hugged me tightly.

"Unnie? You're here? How come?" I asked.

"Duh. This is your wedding. I can't miss this. It's a special moment in your life." She softly replied.

I pulled away from the hug and looked at her with my teary eyes.

"Aigoo. Don't you dare cry! Save your tears for later."

"Unnie, I missed you so much. I haven't heard anything about you ever since you left SoKor."

"I was busy on my career."

"Career?"

"Baby, I'm a singer and producer now." My eyes widened.

"Really?!" She happily nodded. "Wow, unnie! You already came that far? I'm so proud and happy for you."

"Thank you. So, I heard everything that happened. From the cheating thing, that Mr. Wang thing, and the getting back together thing. Wow. Are you okay now? Are you happy?"

"More than happy, unnie. This is the moment I've been waiting for."

"Glad to hear that. Now, get ready, okay? The wedding will start in 10 minutes. I will leave now. Do you want me to call them?"

"No. I want to have some time alone before the wedding starts."

"Okay. Goodluck, baby." She kissed my cheek before she went out.

I let out a deep sigh. I can do this. You can do this, Lisa.

"Lis? Are you now all ready?" I heard Irene unnie asked from outside of my waiting room.

"Yes."

"Good to hear. The ceremony will start in a few minutes."

This is it. It's finally happening.

***

After a few minutes, I already went out of the waiting room and went to my position to wait for Jennie. My parents and the squad are happily looking at me.

I waited for a few more minutes until the door opened and it revealed Jennie with her beautiful wedding dress. I couldn't helo but to tear up while watching her making her way to me. She's linking her arm on her father's arm.

This is the moment I've been waiting for.

"Lalisa, take care of my daughter or I'll beat you up so bad." Mr. Kim told me when they finally reached the end. I smiled at him.

"Copy, Sir. I'll take care of her with all of my heart." He then hugged Jennie before he sat beside his wife. I held Jennie's hand and caressed it.

"You looks so beautiful." I whispered. She let out a soft chuckle but gave me a sweet smile after.

"The same goes to you, honey." She said back.

After that, the wedding ceremony finally started. We just held each other's hand throughout the ceremony without letting go. And I swear, her gummy smile makes my heart beat faster and I can feel the butterflies in my stomach.

"You may now exchange your vows." We faced each other after hearing the priest' statement.

"Jennie Kim, my Nini. Meeting you was the best thing that happened in my life. Although you broke my heart before, I'm still thankful to you for coming back to me and making it up to me. Honestly, when we got back together, I kept on overthinking things because the past might happen again. But you proved yourself to me. That's the reason why we're both here today, on our wedding. So today, I promise to hold you forever. I will always love you with all of my heart. I will make you feel special every single day. I love you and will love you forever." I said wholeheartedly as I put the ring on her ring finger.

"Lisa, my Lili. No words can express how happy I am when I first met you. At first, I keep denying my feelings for you. I was so in denial that time. But as I spend more time with you, I finally admitted to myself that I really have feelings for you. That I already love you. Lisa, I know, I messed up a big time. I broke your heart. I broke your trust. Although you told me that I should stop apologizing now because you already forgave me, today, I want to apologize again for hurting you. Today, I promise to not hurt you anymore. I promise that I will take care of your heart this time. This time, please trust me. I will not break my promises anymore. I love you and I will love you forever until the day I die." She gently put the ring on my ring finger after saying those words. I lovingly smiled at her.

I trust you, Jennie. Please don't break your promises anymore. Please don't make the same mistake anymore.

"You may now kiss the bride." I slowly leaned closer until our lips finally touched. This time, the kiss is different. Because this is our first kiss as a married couple. We're now married.

My home? It's her. Jennie Kim is my home. 

The guests including our parents and the squad happily cheered for us while clapping their hands. When I pulled away from the kiss, I gave her a sweet smile.

"I love you."

"I love you more."

I pulled her for a hug.

We're married. We're finally married. I'm finally married to the woman I really love.

We came this far. Despite of all of what happened to us, we're here now. I guess, this is what you call true love.

I'm finally home.

To be continued...