Chapter 30

LISA

I CELEBRATED THE Christmas Eve together with the squad. With Sunmi unnie and Somi. We're almost complete but Jongin and Jennie didn't join us.

The celebration finished early. So I wore my PJ and was about to go to sleep when my phone vibrated signaling that someone messaged me. I grabbed it and saw Jennie's name.

From: Jennie
Merry Christmas, Lisa! I love you 💚

I couldn't help but to sigh. Just by the thought that she celebrated the Christmas Eve alone, it's making my heart clench. So even though I didn't want to reply, I still did.

To: Jennie
Merry Christmas too, Jennie. Goodnight.

Without waiting for her reply, I turned off my phone and quickly drifted off to sleep.

***

Christmas Day. It's the 25th of December already. This year is coming to an end.

"Lis, are you going to work today?" Sehun asked me. They slept here in Chaeng's house because they're too lazy to go home.

"Ofcourse. Why?"

"Nothing. Just asking. Are you going to use your car?" I nodded. "Alright. I'm going now."

"Did they leave already?"

"Yup. They already left minutes ago."

"Oh. I am the boss but I am the one who will be late." He chuckled upon hearing what I said.

"It's fine, Lis. Be careful on driving. I'll go now." He said and left. I quickly took a shower and dressed up. After I finished my morning routine, I immediately went out of the house and entered my car. I took out my phone to message Tzuyu.

To: Tzuyu
Hey, are you in the company already?

She replied to my message faster than I expected.

From: Tzuyu
Not yet. Why?

To: Tzuyu
I'll pick you up. Did you already eat breakfast?

From: Tzuyu
Not yet, too. Hehe

To: Tzuyu
Let's eat breakfast together. My treat. I'll pick you up.

From: Tzuyu
Sure :)

I put my seatbelt on first before I started the engine and drove away. I discovered that she's living alone. She's renting an apartment before but when she saved enough money, she bought her own house. Good for her, though.

When I arrived, I spotted her outside her house probably waiting for me. I rolled the window down so she can see me.

"Lisa!" She shouted from afar as she ran towards me and entered the car. "Thank you for picking me up." She uttered.

"You're always welcome. So, shall we? I'm kinda hungry already."

"Sure."

***
JENNIE

It's been days already since Lisa and I broke up. Hate me all you want. But I already regretted everything. I didn't know what came to my mind that I cheated on her. I am so fucking dumb. Even I hate myself now.

Jongin didn't show up anymore after that incident. I didn't know where he is. I tried contacting him because ofcourse, I still care for him since we started as friends. And I hope we're still friends until now. But I guess, even him hates me too right now. Because everything is my fault. He stopped me in the first place. He fucking stopped me for how many times but shit happened. I didn't listen to him. Fuck myself. I lost my control. I didn't know what came to my mind that time. I knew to myself that I really love Lisa. But ever since Jongin came, everytime that thought keeps repeating in my mind to remind me, there's always a voice telling me to do it and that. To the point that I didn't control myself anymore and cheated on Lisa with Jongin. And I really hate my whole self right now.