Chapter 31

LISA

MANY THINGS HAPPENED in just a week. It's already 2021. I celebrated New Year with the squad, too. Jongin finally showed up. We talked, actually. But I am not going to tell anymore what we talked about.

It seems like Jennie is really serious on courting me because  every freaking day, she's giving me a bouquet of flowers and going to my company—specifically in my office—to give me the food she cooked for my lunch. She's been taking care of me like I am her daughter. It's already getting annoying because I can't freaking move on, instead, I'm falling for her more.

Jennie calling...

I mentally rolled my eyes before I picked up the call.

"Good morning! Are you on your work already?"

"Why?"

"I just want to invite you to eat breakfast with me. If that's okay with you."

"I'm sorry but I need to go to work now. I'll hang up now."

"Wait! How about for lunch?"

"I'm busy." She stopped me again from hanging up.

"Dinner? Don't worry. My treat." She insisted more.

"Jennie, please. You know how busy I am especially that I am a CEO now. So can you please stop bothering me?" I irritatedly said. There was a silent for seconds before she spoke.

"I'm sorry. I just want to spend some time with you." There's a hint of sadness in her tone.

"Jennie, please understand. We're not together anymore so don't expect that we are still the same as before. I'm sorry."

"Yeah. I'm sorry, too. Don't worry. I won't bother you anymore."

"Alright. I'll hang up now." But then, she stopped me again.

"But can I go there later before you go home? Wanna see you." I let out a sigh. She's a very persistent person, I swear.

"Fine. Are you done? I need to go now."

"Yeah. Bye! Take care! I love you!" I ended the call and put back the phone in my pocket. I grabbed my car key before I exited the house and went to my car. Jisoo unnie, Chaeng, Bam and Ten went early in the company to finish the paperworks I kindly tasked them to do.

Picking up Tzuyu and going to work together already became a routine of mine. But she's always going home by herself now. Not because she has a car now. But because she's always with Sana after work. It seems like they are getting close to each other already. I should ask her later.

Before I could even start the engine, I saw a familiar face waving at me from afar. I tried to see who is it. And honestly, I almost facepalmed myself upon knowing that it's none other than Jennie.

I went out of my car and approached her.

"What are you doing here?" I asked her.

"Sorry for not telling you. I just want to give my new year's gift to you since I was not able to give it during New Year's Eve." She handed me a not so big box.

"What's inside?"

"It's for you to find out. Be careful on driving. I am going now." The next thing she did surprised me. She kissed me on  my cheek.

She.freaking.kissed.me. Fuck! Why is she doing these to me?  I badly want to move on already but here she is, driving me crazy again. Why am I so whipped when it comes to her? Just one "I love you", one kiss, my heart is already beating so freaking fast.