48.

Third person pov

They were lying on the bed now. Taehyung patiently waited for the anxious and troubled elder to speak. 

At that moment, none of them cared that they were tangled up in each other's embrace, basking in the warmth from their bodies as their heartbeats were fast and in sync. 

Jungkook glanced down at the younger who was looking up at him wide, curious and awaiting eyes. 

Yes, he had agreed to tell the younger the truth. He was going to let him know everything today but hesitated to speak because he didn't want their just formed beautiful and sweet relationship to spoil because of his past. 

After so many days, things were getting better between them. Just if something he says gets Taehyung angry or sad and the younger decides that it was better to just leave him, he would be devastated.

He wasn't going to hide the truth anymore. No matter what, he was going to tell him everything right now.

"Take your time," Taehyung said encouragingly, understanding how tough it would be for the elder to think about his past which was anything but happy and nice. "It's okay, I'll wait as long you want me to." 

Jungkook exhaled deeply, closing his eyes. He held Taehyung impossibly close to seek comfort from his warmth.

It's okay. He will understand what I tell him. 

I just need to trust him and tell him everything. Whatever his reaction is, I will accept it. Whether it be bad or good, it doesn't matter.

"Taehyung, Hyejin is not just my lover. She isn't someone I just fell for and started liking." 

He gets straight to the point, finding no reason to beat around the bush. 

Taehyung tilted his head to the side, furrowing his brows and squinting his eyes in confusion. Jungkook exhaled shakily before finally telling the boy the thing he should've known a long time ago. 

"Hyejin was my first mate." 

Taehyung's face only twisted more in uncertainty. Dread settled in him at the thought of Jungkook's words being true.

Am I not his mate then? Is that why he didn't even realize that his mate was near?

No, that can't be true. Taehyung thinks, skin crawling in fear. 

"What are you saying, Kookie? She isn't your mate, I am--" 

"She is my first mate. You aren't the only one who was fated to me." 

Taehyung's heart sank, eyes turning blank. He gulped audibly and shook his head before looking away from Jungkook. He just couldn't accept and understand the fact that whatever Jungkook said was completely true. 

It was too much to take in. He hadn't even known anything much yet. 

Two mates? Two fated ones? How can that even be possible?

"Are you hearing yourself, Jungkook? This can't be tru--" 

"It is, Tae! I'm not lying. Please listen to me completely," the trueblood said desperately as he didn't want Taehyung to misunderstand anything already.

To his luck, Taehyung immediately shut his mouth, forcing the many questions he wanted to ask down his throat. He nodded warily at Jungkook, begging him to continue.

Something so unsure and feared settled in Taehyung when he wondered whether he was really Jungkook's mate or not. He won't love somebody else, no, not at all.