24.

Third person pov

Jungkook was at home today. He hadn't gone for work as he had taken a day off so he could spend time with his daughter.

He was lying down on the couch with Hayoon sleeping right on top of his torso, her hands and legs wrapped around him, close to falling asleep.

He was amused at how his daughter had made so many plans for today--to play games and watch movies--and had ended up sleeping through most of the day.

He didn't bother waking her up; he didn't want to disrupt her peaceful state.

Taehyung was in the kitchen, cooking lunch. Jungkook had a clear view of the open kitchen from the couch.

He looked at Taehyung now and then, not knowing why he was even doing that.

The younger looked so tired as he worked and worked which made him a bit concerned. He wished to help the younger out but forced himself to not do so.

It was better to stay away.

He carefully placed Hayoon on the couch beside him and got up, walking to the kitchen to drink something and quench his thirst.

Taehyung didn't stop to even look at him and continued to work, worried that whatever he was cooking would burn.

"Where's it?" Jungkook asked, scanning through the fridge. Taehyung finally glanced at him and asked a quick question in a soft tone, "What?"

"The juice..."

Taehyung frowned as he quickly let go of the spatula he was holding and came forward to look into the fridge.

He realized that the juice can isn't in the fridge and pressed his lips into a thin line, thinking about where it could be.

His eyes widen when he remembered that he had given Hayoon juice the previous day so it would most probably be in her room.

The omega quickly turns around to turn off the electric stove but ended up tripping on his feet.

He gasps and shuts his eyes close, embracing himself for the fall which never came as he was lifted up by a pair of strong hands, his back coming in contact with a hard chest and feet being swept off the floor.

He still doesn't open his eyes and keeps it tightly shut, his body stiff. Jungkook chuckled at his actions, securely holding him.

"So clumsy, aren't you?"

Taehyung finally opens his eyes and blushes a deep red when Jungkook's words sink into him.

He was still in the older's arms which made him feel goosebumps all over his body. He was glad that Jungkook couldn't see his face.

The intensity of the tingles were making his knees go weak.

"I... I--" he stutters and let's out a deep breath which he didn't know he was holding when Jungkook finally let him go, placing him on the ground gently.

"Tell me where it is, I'll get it for myself," Jungkook says, not wanting to increase all his work.

He decided that he might as well go ahead and do the rest of the work next day's morning, getting up early.

In that way, he wouldn't be much close to Taehyung and would help him out too.

"Hayoon's room," Taehyung muttered, looking at Jungkook with guilt because he had forgotten to bring it back and keep it in the fridge as he was busy playing with the girl.

Jungkook frowns lightly. He didn't understand why Taehyung sounded so anxious, like as if he was bracing himself to be yelled at by him.

"Ok, I'll go get it--"