40.

Third person pov 

His distressed and desperate expression was hidden within the hood as he jumped from above the fence wall, entering the compound of Jungho's mansion. 

He was determined to go back home only along with Taehyung. He was ready to encounter anyone who hinders his actions, but he hoped that that didn't happen. He didn't want to waste any more time than he already has. 

He wouldn't be able to calm his raging heart until he sees Taehyung, until he holds him and apologizes for letting them take him away. 

He felt really unhappy because every time he always just ends up hurting his mate more and more.

He didn't intend to do it, but guess he was just someone who couldn't give anything but problems and sadness to everyone. 

He never tried to make anyone happy after the death of Hyejin. He himself was too distressed to think about someone else's melancholy, but he genuinely wanted Taehyung to be happy. 

 There isn't any possibility of him being happy until you get out of his life. He spat to himself but knew that there wasn't a way he could leave Taehyung unless they reject each other. 

He genuinely didn't want that. He wanted to act like a proper mate for once and fulfil his responsibilities as a mate. He wanted his wolf to become normal again. He wanted the condition they had developed, after the death of their mate, to disappear. 

But not everything can go according to what he wants; he knows that, but nothing in his life ever went according to his wish.

He really did want Taehyung to forgive him and love him again, but he didn't want Taehyung to spoil his life by forcing himself to act like his mate. So if Taehyung wanted rejection, he'd give him that. 

But for now, he had to bring Taehyung back home. 

He huffed out gladly because there was absolutely no one in the backyard of the mansion.

He crept from behind the wall, scanning the place carefully before opening the back door and getting in.

He looked around at the unfamiliar place, unsure of where to go. He just knew that he was at the south corner of the mansion, the place where the prison and other rooms where the omegas are forced to live is situated.

He looked around, feeling lost. He hadn't even seen the whole of the mansion he grew up in, mainly because he spent most of his time in his room as he didn't want to come across Sangmi while roaming around.

Sangmi usually hit him for stuff like that. She abused him for dumb reasons like for looking into her eyes, speaking to someone or walking around without her permission.

Just thinking about all that made his blood boil.

"Who are you?" He hears someone's voice which made him freeze on his spot for a moment.

He turns around swiftly, facing the wide-shouldered warrior who stood before him, looking at him with suspicious eyes and furrowed eyebrows, trying to see his face which was hidden by the hoodie.

Jungkook grabbed the handle of his dagger, cautiously ducking his head as he didn't want the warrior to see his face. He growled threateningly at the person whose frown deepened.  

"Young master?" Jin whispers after listening to the growl of the male. He has heard him growl so much that it had become a really familiar sound to him. 

Jungkook gritted his teeth, not comprehending how the warrior got to know who he is. 

"I'm not going to go back without him. If I have to kill you for doing what I came here for, I will do it, so you better go away right now and not tell anyone about me being here."