28.

Third person pov

Taehyung had woken up with excruciating pain in his back which faded after a while.

He was fine for the rest of the day with Hayoon stuck to him at his hip, not letting him go because she was worried about him after what happened the previous night.

It was night now and the girl was put to sleep by him. There wasn't any chance of her waking up.

After all, she hadn't had any sleep in the afternoon because she was busy nuzzling her face on her mom's neck.

He was tired. He wanted to go back to sleep but was still waiting for Jungkook to come back home.

"Where could he be?" Taehyung asks himself, very worried because the trueblood hadn't come back home from work yet.

It had never been like this, Jungkook would make sure to come back home at the right time, that was-right after the sun fell. But it was around ten in the night now and the elder wasn't here yet.

Taehyung bit on his lower lip, pacing around the room.

He was sad because of what had happened the previous night but that wasn't what he was thinking about at that moment.

Is he alright? Where has he gone? Is there somebody with him? I hope he's not alone...

He suddenly winced when a sharp pain shot up his heart. His knees buckled forward and held onto the chair before him.

His eyes filled with tears and his wolf howled in pain and anger and he immediately knew what was happening.

His mate was with someone else.

He didn't know what exactly the reason is for him to behave like this, but he knew that it was related to his mate being intimate with someone else.

He sobbed as he fell on the floor, the pain unbearable. His wolf was howling, crying in pain. He clutched on the shirt near his heart and sobbed.

He couldn't help it; the normal words that he said to himself like 'Jungkook doesn't belong to you, he never did but there are chances that he can become yours in future' or 'there is still hope that he can fall for you' didn't comfort him even a little.

Jungkook will never be his. He refused to help him through his heat but is doing the thing with somebody else.

What have I done for him to hate me so much? Did becoming his father's slave make me worthless?

He loves somebody else... but I'm still his mate. He could've rejected me and let me suffer at the beginning itself.

I wanted to wait for my mate and love only him but if he would've rejected me back then, I wouldn't be so madly in love with him now.

I love him so much that I can't take this now.

But like every time, when things are becoming worse and worse. There is always hope in him which rises because of the tiniest little brighter side of his situation.

He didn't have those dirty black-red bruises forming on his skin which happen when a mate cheats on the other.

It clearly shows that the elder hadn't done the deed yet, just had a thought or had wanted to do it with somebody else.

To say that he was relieved would be an understatement. There was no way out of this now-he had fallen way too hard to stop loving the trueblood now.

He was just too shaken to even move. He sat on the ground staring into absolutely nothing with wide teary eyes.