*42*

*Olivia*

"Olivia?!" My father yells just as he is about to walk into the living room, Luna quickly hides behind the door.

"Yes?" I ask. He looks at Mason and Char.

"Oh hey guys." he greets them. They salute back. "Oh how nice." My father's gaze falls on the coffee table with the sweetness on it.

"Hi Dad." Luna then says. My father turns around and looks at Luna in surprise.

"Luna?!" He says happily and she flies into his arms. I can't resist and hug them too.

"Oh girl how I missed you." My father says. He slowly pushes us away from him. "Why didn't you tell me?" He asks.

"Surprise?" Luna says with a smile and gives me a small nudge.

" I had to hide it from you for a very long time. Sorry about that." I say.

"Don't worry, I'm glad to see you again. I'm taking some time off and the three of us are going to do something fun." he tells.

"Sounds good. Luna and I say at the same time. I look at Mason who is staring ahead, on the contrary Charlotte who is sitting on the edge of the chair.

"Okay let's chat for a while." Luna says and they take a seat on the couch.

"Yeah-" I am completely interrupted by Mason.

"I'm going to get some fresh air." Mason announces. I nod and also take a seat on the couch next to Charlotte.

What's wrong with him all of a sudden? "Char don't you think that too Mason suddenly acting so cold?" I ask softly so that only Charlotte can hear.

"Not really noticed." She says. I sigh. "Go talk to him." She says. I nod and stand then on.

"I'm going outside for a while too." I say.

"I'm going home, I still have homework and it has to be handed in tomorrow." says Charlotte.

"Good." My father says. Luna stands up and hugs Charlotte.

"Tomorrow we're going out for dinner." Luna says, pointing to Char and me.

"Sounds like fun." says Char. Luna smiles and I walk out with Charlotte. Mason is smoking by his car. He had stopped in my opinion.

"I'll talk to you." Char says I give her a hug.

"Bye Bye." I walk over to Mason and hug him from behind. He stiffens for a moment, then pulls me towards him.

"I was shocked." He says. I giggle and look at him.

"I thought you weren't scared of little girls like me?" I say smiling. He smiles and blows the smoke out of his mouth. I let go and look at him. "I thought you stopped smoking." I say.

"That never happened, I just took a break and that's over now." Disappointed, I look at the ground. "What is it?" He asks.

"I'm thinking about your health." I say. He throws away the cigarette and blows out the smoke. "I just needed it, Olivia." He says. He has made himself great. Normally when he talks to me he bends down a bit to my height. But now I totally have to look up to the big Mason.

"Give me your lighter." I command. He looks at me questioningly and then gives it anyway.

"What are you-" Before he can finish his sentence I throw the lighter into the bushes. "You know I have lighters everywhere, right?" He says. He irritates me. He does it on purpose.

"Why are you acting like that all of a sudden? Just in the living room you were also looking so quietly ahead, what is it?" I ask as I stare at him intently.

"Olivia there's nothing. You're annoying just leave it." he sighs.

"Am I being annoying?" I ask insulted. He just looks at me. Without a doubt, the following words come out of my mouth.

"Me or those cancer sticks, choose.

He looks at me wide-eyed.

"Damn Olivia don't be so childish." He says. His jaws are tight. His jaw is now more visible. I look at him and shake my head

"Okay good bye Mason" And with those words I walk away

"Olivia!" he yells.

"Leave me alone." And walk into my house. Sighing, I let myself lean against the door. I hear a loud bang. Then I hear the car door open. I feel the tears sting my eyes. I know I shouldn't do it like that, but I'm just thinking about his health. I thought he'd tell me right away, but even that's what he thought of. That means enough that I mean nothing to him at all, doesn't it?

"Olivia?" I quickly wiped the tears that had rolled down my cheeks. Luna is at the door. Luckily she doesn't see my tears, because it's too dark in the hall.

"I am going to sleep bye." I say and immediately run up the stairs.

"Bye sweetie." she says and goes into the living room. Arriving in my room I change my clothes and brush my teeth. I wanted to put on Mason's shirt, but I threw it to the ground. I crawl into my bed in sleeping pants and a top.

A beep from my phone wakes me up from my light sleep.

Mason: "You know I choose you, right?"

00:02

Me: "Oh you know after 2 hours of thinking?"

00:03

Mason: "I knew right away. I love you."

00:03

I ignore him and turn off my phone. I'm just too angry to respond to him and he should know that. After 2 minutes I hear my phone again.

Mason: "I'm sorry, good night."

00:05

I turn my phone off again and look ahead. Yet I pick up my phone again and decide to send the following.

Me: "Trust."

00:09

I have not forgiven him yet, but I will not keep him awake all night. I close my eyes and fall back asleep.

**

990 words

Don't forget to vote