*26*

*Mason*

I quickly open the front door of my house.

"Mom?!" I call. Alice, my mother's best friend comes running down the stairs. She holds my arms and pushes me towards the stairs.

"She really needs you, Mason." She says. I run up the stairs and hear Alice walking behind me. I walk into my mother's bedroom. She stands in front of the window looking ahead. It pains me to see her like this. Cautiously I walk over to her and hold her shoulders.

"Mom." It came out more painful than expected. She turns and wraps her arms around my waist, and I hear sobbing.

My mother just has these moments now and then when she really has to cry and I have to be with her in case she does something bad. I get shivers just thinking about it.

I gently run my hand over my mother's back. I feel another arm around my waist and see the other arm on my mother's. Alice hugs us too.

Alice has always been for us. She's better than fucking family. Because you can't count on your own family. Because where is my mother's sister or brother when she needs kun? Nowhere.

A sigh leaves my mouth. I hold my mother's face and look at her.

"But, I'm here for you." I say softly. She nods and holds my hands on which she presses a kiss.

"I know, honey." she says, closing her eyes painfully. I kiss her forehead and guide her to her bed. She crawls in and I wrap the covers around her body.

"Sorry to bother you. I hope the girl you worked with didn't mind that you left." she says and hold my hands.

I think again of Olivia how shocked she looked when I burst out. I shake my head smiling. She nods.

"Go to your friends, Alice is here with me." she says, whereupon I kiss her forehead again and give Alice a hug.

"Bye." I say and take a look at the women before closing the door behind me and leaving the house.

I get into my car and start it and drive off. I am hard on the wheel. Why the fuck can't anything go right in my fucking life?

I have a mother who is depressed because my fucking father cheated on her and left her. If I ever see that guy again. Bad ideas race through my head.

I scare the girl I have feelings for after years. After years I haven't felt anything for anyone anymore and then I have to ruin it again by my behavior.

Before I know what exactly happened. I see a bright light and I hear a crash and I feel a painful shot rush through my body...

...before I see black before my eyes.

**

476 words

Don't forget to vote.