*28*

*Olivia*

The next day I drive to school with Charlotte. I didn't tell her about Mason. I simply said that next time we will continue with the report.

We are already late, but we walk quietly to our class. The first hour we have French.

When we walk into the classroom, all eyes are immediately on us. The teacher looks at us bored.

"And why are you late?" He asks.

"We had a flat tire." Charlotte and I say at the same time. shit. The teacher nods. It's a lie anyway, because we came on the scooter.

"I condone it, but after 1 warning in class you get a late note and you can stay after." He says. We nod and sit down immediately.

When I sit down, I quickly look around the class. My gaze lingers on Aiden and Wyatt. Mason's friends. Mason should also be with the pair. Is he late again?

I notice Wyatt looking this way. Charlotte sits next to me and his gaze lingers on Charlotte. I quickly look at Char who doesn't seem to notice. I turn around again and Wyatt catches my eye and immediately looks away. Got caught. Frowning, I look back at my books.

The bell can be heard after, in my opinion, a long lesson. Everyone quickly begins to leave the classroom. Charlotte and I, on the other hand, slowly follow the children.

Aiden and Wyatt follow us in the other direction. I tend to ask where Mason is since he still isn't there. I might have sent him away yesterday, but that doesn't mean I don't care about him.

"I have the wrong books, go ahead." I say to Charlotte. She nods and then calmly walks on. I quickly follow the two.

"Hey." I say as I put my hand on Wyatt's arm. He turns and then looks at me. Aiden also stops walking and looks at Wyatt. They send each other looks that I can't place what it means.

"What is it?" asks Wyatt.

"Where's Mason?" I immediately ask. Otherwise I would think long.

"Uh, he's at home, he didn't feel like going to school today." Wyatt says, but I can see in his eyes that he's lying. I nod.

"Oh okay, thanks." I say and then walk the other way. I can still hear the two mumbling.

————

The school day passed slowly. Logan wasn't there today either. And Charlotte had to report to the concierge during breaks. She was punished. So the breaks were pretty boring.

but now we're out and I'm having a drink with Charlotte somewhere.

"I saw a note at the concierge for the students stating that we are going to camp in a month." Charlotte adds.

"Really? Do you know where to?" I ask. She nods happily. "Wow you're happy then it must be something special, come on!" I say as I grab her arms.

"Spain!" She says. My eyes get big.

"With school?" She nods.

"A week and a half." She says.

"Omg! I thought a camp somewhere 2 hours from here, but omg Spain and that a week and a half!" I say happy.

"We're just going to fly to Spain, I don't understand how school could arrange this." says Charlotte.

"Because of money for our parents of course and in any case we also have to pay something extra." I say.

"That anyway." she says and stirs her now empty glass, which now contains only ice cubes and a lemon.

My gaze falls on the young waiter looking our way. He noticed me before when I caught him staring, but then he quickly looked away. Now I caught him again.

"Okay, Char, keep looking at me, yeah?" I say to which she nods. "there is a waiter who is always looking our way." I say and she immediately turns up.

"Which?" She says.

"Omg here, here on the table in your glass." I say in a loud whisper. She turns around again and looks seriously into her glass too.

"you said waiter not glass?" I roll my eyes.

"No really?!" I said don't look, you bastard." I say. The waiter comes over to us. "Shit he's coming." I say softly. I see Charlotte grinning.

"Would the ladies have another drink?" Ew.

"No thanks." Charlotte says back in such a posh way. I try to hold back my laugh.

"It was a joke, but okay." He says in his normal voice. Immediately I look at Charlotte who looks at him with open mouth and then laughs I laugh too

"what's your name?" Charlotte asks me, surprised.

I mean bitch why? It's his job to ask you that.

"Lucas." He says. "You?"

"I'm Charlotte and this is my best friend Olivia." she says while pointing at me and looking up at him.

"Hmm Olivia, a beautiful name." he says while giving me a wink. I smile small and thank him. "It was nice to meet you, see you soon." He says again in that one cocky voice. Charlotte laughs and I shake my head laughing.

"Yes, we think so too, let's go again." Charlotte says after which she stands up and I follow her lead.

"Bye." I say and hang my bag on my shoulders after which Charlotte and I leave the small restaurant.

"Quite a cutie." says Char. I look her way.

"Just try." I say smiling.

"Oh no, there is something for you and he flirted with you." she says pointing at me. To flirt?

"Uh well no." I say. Charerie looks at me.

"Of course you don't want cuties you want Mason hard, muscular guys." she says teasingly. I roll my eyes and continue walking.

Was that really flirting?

Lucas Williams

18 years

**

982 words

Don't forget to vote.