*31*

*Olivia*

HALF HOUR BEFORE

"Omg look at this." Charlotte says as we walk into a shop. I'm not quite in my head. I still feel a bad feeling in my stomach. Like there's something going on that I don't know about, but it's close by.

"Olivia?" I come back to reality and watch Char hold a dress in front of her body.

"Too long." I say when I look at the dress. It looks like a granny dress. Char nods and immediately puts it away.

"Oh I'm getting a call." I say when I feel my phone vibrate in my back pocket. I take my phone out of my pocket and look at the name on the screen.

Mason.

I pick up and hold the phone to my ear.

TALK

"Mason?" I say.

"No no with Wyatt."

"Oh what is it?" I ask when feeling disappointed.

"Would you like to come to the hospital, the one called Hospital."

"What why?"

"Mason had a car accident last night and is now here in the hospital."

I immediately turn to Char. She shakes her head.

"Omg! I'm coming." And hang up immediately.

————

Charlotte looks at me uncomprehendingly. I take the cap she has put on from her head and put it away. Grab her by the arm and pull her out of the store.

"Wow what's up?" she asks. I quickly explain to her what I was just told as we rush to the scooter.

Arriving at the hospital I park the scooter and run into the hospital with Char.

"Where should we be?" I ask in particular.

"I don't know call Wyatt." She says. I do what she says. Immediately there is a recording and I ask Wyatt where I should be. Then I hang up.

"First floor and then right, second corridor to the left." I say. Charlotte repeats it one more time as I walk away.

"First floor and then right, second corridor on the left." Char says when we get to the first floor. We walk straight to the right.

"Okay now to the left-"

"Mason?" The moment I see him I feel a relief. He is standing with his friends and two older women. He turns around. I run over to him and wrap my arms around his neck. For a moment I feel him stiffen, but pull himself together again and wrap his arms around me as well.

The blow of the crutches falling to the ground makes us part again.

"Sorry." I say and immediately pick up the crutches and give them to Mason. He just keeps looking at me and doesn't take the crutches.

"I don't want you the crutches." He says and I look up at him in surprise.

He takes the crutches from my hands and hands one to Aiden standing behind him.

"But you have that-"

"No I need you." he says as he turns me around and puts his arm around my shoulders and uses the crutch with his free hand. As a reflex, I wrap my arm around his waist and hold his shirt with my free hand.

"Am I your crutch now?" I ask. He smiles.

"A kind of, but one with a nice body and beautiful face." He says softly in my ear, so that the people following us don't hear. My cheeks are now 100% red. Just as red as a tomato.

I no longer pay attention to what exactly is being discussed. I pay more attention to Mason.

"Thanks June." he says to the doctor. She smiles at him and also smiles at me when she sees me looking. I smile back.

"Mason are you asking your girlfriend if she's coming home too?" asks a woman with brown hair. She looks like she didn't sleep and cried a lot. I think it's Mason's mom. As a mother I think I would also look like this if you heard that your son was in a car accident. But the word "girlfriend" makes me look at the floor.

"Are you coming?" Mason asks me. I'd like to, but then remember that I came here on the scooter with Charlotte.

"I'm with the scooter." I say.

"I'll drive it to your house, you come with me." says Charlotte. I send her a smile.

"I'll help her." Wyatt says, putting his hand on Charlotte's shoulder. I look at the two with split eyes, but then Charlotte nods.

"I'm coming." I then say to Mason who looks at me with a smile.

**

760 words

Don't forget to vote.