58-father!sherlock x daughter!reader

Start from the beginning

you drop the red rose on the pavement, even though it catched on your finger as you opened your palm, as if refusing to leave. but it did.

youve been so excited to go to prom, and now you had to cancel on your date. you didnt care much for the guy, you just didnt want to go alone to prom.

well, now you sure as hell didnt have to be scared of going alone to prom. or buying a dress. or sneaking in alcohol. or getting a limo.

the one night in your 12 years of school youd love to remember. the party, the people, the mess, the memories.

guess its all out the window now.

you loved your father so much you didnt even think twice about canceling and saying youre not interested, even though youve been waiting for it for so long.

"good decision. its a waste of time. we'll do something better instead" he says, opening a cabs door for you and ushering you inside before getting in himself and telling johns address.

you sat in the cab, typing out the words to the boy who invited you.

'sorry, something came up and i wouldnt be able to come to prom... have fun! thanks for asking me :)'

you turned off your phone and sighed deeply as you looked outside.

**

after the short case, you walked with john and your father around town, looking for a good coffee shop to sit down at.

they are both talking about something, but in all honesty, you didnt know what. your spirits were down, even john noticed.

"whats up with {Y/N}?" john asks your father, glancing at the detective.

"i think shes a bit shaken up. someone asked her to prom and she got flustered that she had to turn him down. so much like me" sherlock smiles proudly.

he did love you, but it was a little hard with you sometimes.

"turned him down?" john asks.

"yes. shes not interestes in going to prom, so it must have put her in a difficult position that she had to turn him down. you know how she is, a little shy" sherlock smiles.

on the other hand, john is not sold. at all.

"i think that if shes upset it would be about not going to prom" john tries, and he looks back to look at you, wanting to see your face again and your reaction to the conversation, but you werent right behind them.

you had stopped 2 meters ago, looking through the glass at something in the shop.

as both men step back, they find that the shop you are looking at is a dress shop.

"{Y/N}?" john says, and you quickly jerk your head to him, and smile.

"oh, sorry" you smiled, put your face down, and came to walk ahead of them in the look out for a coffee shop.

john gives sherlock a glare, and even he understands that somethings off.

but hes not sure what.

**

sherlock wasnt going to admit defead to john, so he called mycroft, asking him if he knew anything about why you were so gloomy.

youve spend the afternoon with him a few days ago, having tea with him and the queen. she liked you, even though you were a holmes, you were different from your stone cold family members, and you had feelings.

mycroft didnt need a second look or another word about your day to know how upset you are that you didnt get to go to prom, but he lectured you about it.