Special Chapter : Kanto United ( Part IIII )

KANTO, CINNABAR ISLAND

"You boys alright?"

Blight's eyes filled with joy as Blaine knelt before them.

"Did you...?" Blight asked eagerly.

"I failed... I'm so sorry," Blaine replied with remorse.

"It seems like we've failed too," Gray said, noticing the three commanders standing in front of them.

Blight surveyed their surroundings, taking note of the numerous grunts surrounding them. "We're in a tough spot..."

"This is the turning point, Blaine... This is where everything comes to light!" the general declared.

"Mew won't change anything. You'll be stopped regardless, you know that, right?" Blaine retorted.

"In your eyes, perhaps it won't change anything..."

"All this power wasted, all for one small Pokémon that you'll struggle to control."

"I'm not going back in time just for Mew, and I won't be the one controlling it," the general revealed.

"What?" Blaine questioned, puzzled.

"Long ago, someone left my life, no, our lives. We don't know where this person went, but we can guess why he left—constant failures... Now, I'll make this person stay with a gift he won't be able to refuse."

"What are you talking about?" Blaine asked, bewildered.

"...Blaine... O.R.R... Have you ever wondered why we're called that? Let me tell you: we're the Organisation Rated R, R for Rocket!" the general announced.

Blaine's eyes widened as the general stepped through the unstable portal behind him. Blight and Gray wanted to follow the general into the portal when the grunts released their Pokémon. The two kids took a step back and sent out their tired and exhausted Pokémon.

"This is the end... We warned you not to get involved, but kids never listen, do they?" Ari smirked.

"This is truly sad..." Flair added somberly.

"But this is how it ends for you, little ones," Cathie concluded.

"You guys take care of the kids, I'll handle Blaine... You have no idea how long I've been waiting for this day, for this chance and opportunity..." Flare declared.

"Alright, Flare... But remember what to do when everything starts going wrong, okay?" Ari reminded.

"How could any of us forget the special ones?" Flare replied confidently.

Blight and Gray stood back-to-back with Blaine, who was on his knees, trying to process everything. The Pokémon closed in, and the two weary and injured kids stood their ground, ready to fight back with their Pokémon.

"Hey!" a voice exclaimed. "The cavalry has arrived!"

A group of people approached them, riding on sea Pokémon. Gray was shocked to see Vayge leading them, and Blight was stunned to see Kellie and Forrest among them. Both Blight and Gray widened their eyes with realization when they saw that all the people arriving on water Pokémon were champions.

The grunts also realized this and stumbled slightly, giving Blight and Gray an opportunity. They seized the moment and made a break for the closing portal. The commanders noticed their escape attempt and moved to stop them, but the champions reached their floor at that moment. Blight and Gray leaped into the portal, leaving the battle to the champions and everyone else.

   MANY, MANY, MANY YEARS IN THE PAST

Blights aching head made it difficult for him to navigate where he currently was, luckily Dartrix was by his side keeping him on the right path. With Dartrix's guide Blight found himself inside a village, the village was completely abandoned as if nobody lived there. The two made their way to the main hut where a Poké Ball was.