Adventure 05 - Rhyhorn racing is a sport

June

Alright, peck!" The trainer exclaimed.

The trainer's Delcatty leaped over Fearow, leaving the bird Pokémon open for a swift attack. "Dodge it!" Fearow quickly moved to the right, but it was met with another swift from Delcatty.

"We've got this battle, dude!" The trainer said confidently.

"Fearow, Steel Wing!" Blight commanded.

Bursting through the generated dust, Fearow cut through Delcatty with a powerful Steel Wing attack. The normal, cat-like Pokémon was unable to recover and fainted.

"Damn, yes!" Blight cheered

The crowd surrounding the two trainers erupted in cheers as Blight returned Fearow. After receiving his prize money, Blight walked back to Kellie and Forrest.

"Can I go next?" a determined Kellie asked.

"Be my guest," Blight replied.

Kellie confidently made her way to the battlefield and sent out her Nidoran. The trainer she was facing sent out a Primeape.

"Check it, Forrest. I've got 703 points now after that battle," Blight proudly announced.

"You finally made it past the 600 mark. That's impressive," Forrest commented.

With agility, Nidoran lunged forward for a tackle, but the Primeape stopped it effortlessly with its pure raw strength. "Low sweep!" The trainer commanded, as Nidoran jumped just in time to dodge the oncoming attack.

Peck!" Kellie exclaimed as Nidoran's sharp beak landed a quick jab on Primeape, causing it to flinch. "Now, Poison Sting," Kellie commanded, urging Nidoran to poke Primeape in the stomach with its venomous horn.

"Fury Swipe, quick!" the trainer shouted.

Primeape fought through the effects of the poison and retaliated with a barrage of powerful blows from its Fury Swipe attack. Overwhelmed, Nidoran couldn't withstand the onslaught and eventually fainted.

"I'm honestly surprised she even knew how to battle," Blight revealed, sounding somewhat impressed.

"She handled her first trainer battle like a pro," Forrest chimed in, acknowledging Kellie's skills.

"...So, are you paying?" Kellie asked.

____________________________________

Pokémon Special Chronicles
Volume Three : Chapter Five

Blight suddenly halted, his senses tingling with the approach of something. Kellie and Forrest exchanged bewildered glances, curious as to what had caused him to stop so abruptly.

In an instant, a Rhyhorn thundered towards Blight, crashing into him with immense force, sending him sprawling to the ground. Dartrix anxiously pecked Blight's face, checking for signs of life.

"I'm so sorry!" A girl rushed over to Blight's side, panic etched across her face.

With Jemma's help, Blight and the rest were ushered to her humble abode in a small village on the outskirts of Fuchsia City, known as Barb Village. Each of them was swiftly handed a cup of water to quench their thirst.

Barb Village

Forrest, seizing the opportunity, decided to reveal their reason for choosing this path. "We actually heard about the annual Rhyhorn race and decided to come this way," he admitted.

Surprise glittered in Jemma's eyes as she exclaimed, "Are any of you planning on participating?!"

Kellie shook her head. "No, neither of us own a Rhyhorn, so it's pointless, why are you so eager about us entering anyway?"