Adventure 05 - Crimson City, might have the strongest champion, yet

March

Blight took a bite of the food that Forrest had brought to him, sitting by the hospital bed. Poliwhirl, Dartrix, and Sewaddle were also enjoying their meal, while Bulbasaur, who had finished eating, wandered outside.

"I'm relieved we finally found you," Officer Jenny expressed. "We've been searching for you for the past two days."

"Two days? And how long were me and my friends all unconscious for?" Blight inquired.

"A week, give or take a few days," Forrest replied.

"We were fortunate that Jeannette happened to be exploring the island she trains on," Kellie added.

"Yeah, without her, I don't think any of you would've made it," Officer jenny said.

"True... But who is Jeannette, anyway?" Blight questioned.

"Oh, she's the champion of Crimson City. A pretty big deal," Officer jenny said.

"Champion?!?" Blight exclaimed.

"That's right, and thanks to us, you're set to battle her in two days. You still have time to prepare, just like Bulbasaur," Kellie informed him.

"Oh, so that's where Bulbasaur is," Blight remarked, glancing out the window to see Bulbasaur training on its own.

___________________________________

Pokémon Special Chronicles
Volume Two : Chapter Five

Blight stood on his side of the small battle stadium owned by Jeannette, surrounded by a large burst of crowd members chanting Jeannette's name. Forrest and Kellie were among the crowd, feeling too intimidated by the overwhelming chants to cheer for Blight.

"Welcome, challenger Blight!" Jeannette greeted. "If what your friends have told me about you is true, then this will be one of the most exciting Pokémon Battles!"

"Yep!" Blight gulped.

The announcer started, "The rules of this official Pokémon Champions Challenge Battle are as follows: Both trainers are allowed to use only four Pokémon, but Blight will be the only one allowed to switch out Pokémon. Now, with the traditional rules set, let the challenge commence!"

Jennette exclaimed, "Hitmonlee!"

Blight released his Sewaddle confidently, but that confidence disappeared when Hitmonlee appeared. The long-legged Pokémon stared down the tiny bug Pokémon with a grin.

"Alright, let's show them that newfound confidence, Sewaddle! Use Tackle!" Blight ordered. However, Sewaddle froze in place. "I said Tackle!!!"

Finally, the grass bug Pokémon charged forward and leaped in with a tackle, but Hitmonlee easily dodged it by taking a step to the side. Sewaddle attempted another tackle, but it was dodged just as easily. "Mega Kick!" Hitmonlee smirked, turning towards Sewaddle and delivering a powerful kick that blasted the Pokémon to the other corner of the field. "High Jump Kick!" Hitmonlee leaped into the sky and dropped down with a knee strike... that missed, even Sewaddle was shocked.

"Recoil damage... Sewaddle's small body is a hard target to hit," Jeannette admitted. "Amusing."

Bulbasaur, seeing Sewaddle's struggle, grabbed the bug Pokémon and pulled it out of the field using its vines. Bulbasaur then confidently stepped into the battlefield. Sewaddle, relieved, started bowing down to Bulbasaur.