Adventure 07 - Not so well co-ordinated, are we?

February

The sun shone brightly as Bill and Blight continued their journey to Vermillion City, having driven a few miles away from Cerulean. Looking for a shortcut, Bill veered the car into a nearby forest. Blight, in need of a short break, asked Bill to stop so he could relieve himself while Dartrix enjoyed the sun.

"Almost done, Bill. The stream is dying down," Blight remarked.

"Okay... But I didn't ask, so please spare me the details," Bill replied, slightly annoyed.

"Sure thing, Billy old pal," Blight teased.

Bill rubbed his temples. "Please don't call me that."

As Bill looked up, he noticed a group of Pokémon staring at them. To his surprise, they all belonged to the same species. He turned around and realized that there were even more of them.

Finishing up, Blight zipped up his pants and took a step back. "Um... Bill? I don't think we're alone."

"Really? I hadn't noticed," Bill sarcastically responded.

Panicking, Bill dashed back to the Jeep while the Pokémon started closing in. He quickly started the car and sped away, with Blight grabbing Dartrix and hopping into the car just in time. They were pursued by a horde of Victreebell and Weepinbel.

______________________________________________

Pokémon Special Chronicles
Chapter Seven

Bill and Blight had been driving for about two days, including the current day, and were exhausted from constantly maneuvering around trees that obstructed their path. However, they were finally relieved to find a clear and straight pathway with trees lining only one side of the grass field.

As Bill accelerated, a Gloom suddenly appeared ahead, causing him to slam on the brakes just in time to avoid hitting it.

"Whoa!" Bill exclaimed.

"That was a close call," Blight added.

A trainer emerged from the forest and quickly retrieved the Gloom. "I'm so sorry! Gloom tends to wander off," the trainer apologized.

Blight hopped out of the Jeep, while Bill exited through the door like a normal person.

"You need to be more careful; your Pokémon should always be by your side," Bill advised.

"If you hadn't shown up, I would have battled and caught it," Blight chimed in.

"I assume you're a trainer too?" Bill asked.

"Doesn't take a genius to figure that out. I'm Blight, an elite trainer from Viridian City."

"Wow, that's cool. I'm Stone Yellow, also an elite trainer from Celadon City," Stone revealed.

"How's Celadon City? It's been a while since I last visited," Blight asked.

"It's great, actually. The gym has expanded, but Erika is planning to retire soon. Just be careful around her; she can be a bit much at times, but she's nice," Stone shared.

"Hmm, I don't plan on challenging Pokémon gyms. I'm actually participating in the Champions Challenge," Blight explained.

"Whoa, same here! How many points do you have so far?" Stone asked.

"246," Blight replied confidently.

"That's not bad, but it seems like you've just started your journey. I have around 500 points," Stone stated.

"What?!"

Bill stepped forward to talk to Stone. "You must have battled a lot of Champions on your way here."