Adventure 03 - Invaded (S.S.Anne) Part III

March

Right after hearing the blood-curdling scream, Blight, Forrest, and Kellie sprung into action, racing towards the entrance way of the dock of the ferry they were on. Their hearts pounded in their chests as four O.R.R grunts ominously landed in front of them. The trio had never encountered the O.R.R before, leaving them unsure of what to expect.

"Ah, there he is, Forrest, the renowned gym leader of Pewter City," one O.R.R grunt sneered.

"Our boss specifically ordered us to keep you and every other powerful trainer on this ferry in check," another O.R.R grunt chimed in.

"We apologize, youngsters, but if you cooperate, no harm will befall any of you," a third grunt interjected.

"But of course, if you fail to cooperate..." The grunts simultaneously brandished a Poké Ball each. "... we'll have no choice but to make you cooperate by force."

The Poké balls burst open, revealing Pidgeot, Castform, Arbok, and Crobat, poised for battle.

Blight's voice rang out with defiance. "I'm afraid that won't be happening."

"They're clearly threatening us. That means they're not good people. They're probably part of some evil organization that terrorizes regions," Forrest deduced, eyeing their ominous costumes.

Dartrix took a battle-ready stance at the forefront.

Forrest swiftly released Graveler and Nosepass from their Poké Balls, while Blight summoned Sewaddle. The Pokémon surged forward, launching a fierce assault on the grunts' Pokémon. Dartrix lunged at Pidgeot, engaging it in a sky-bound showdown, while Sewaddle ensnared Castform with sturdy threads before narrowly evading its retaliatory strike. Boldore joined the fray, launching an aggressive attack on Castform. Meanwhile, Arbok and Crobat attempted a dual assault, only to be met with strong resistance from Nosepass and Graveler. The outnumbered grunts found themselves cornered, struggling to fend off the formidable onslaught. Dartrix gracefully returned to Blight's side, perched atop Boldore, while Nosepass and Graveler stood steadfastly by Forrest's side, poised for further attacks.

Suddenly, Jigglypuff floated down from the sky, landing amidst the chaos. Its gaze rested squarely on the O.R.R grunts as it began to sing its soothing melody, lulling the members and their Pokémon into a deep slumber.

Dartrix affectionately patted Jigglypuff's back, acknowledging its invaluable assistance.

Blight couldn't contain his excitement. "Way to go, Kellie!"

"Now it's time to uncover the truth of what's happening," Forrest declared, determination etched upon his face.

With urgency, the trio rushed into the ferry, quickly deciding to split up. Kellie and Forrest followed the haunting cries, while Blight headed straight for the captain's quarters to issue a warning.

On the way to the quarters, Blight found himself ambushed by two O.R.R grunts. Without hesitation, the grunts unleashed their Pokémon - two Salandits and two Golbats. Acting quickly, Blight skillfully dodged the incoming embers from the Salandits, though barely as one of the embers were able to scrape his left knee building a burnt hole by his jean.

Meanwhile, Dartrix swiftly took down one of the Salandits, only to be pushed back by a relentless Golbat. Forrest's Boldore, with Sewaddle timidly perched on its head, charged forward and dealt a powerful rock Smash to knock down the Golbat. Sewaddle, paralyzed with fear, was unable to contribute. To make matters worse, the enemy Golbat let out an ear-splitting screech, causing Blight and his Pokémon to cover their bleeding ears in pain.