Adventure 06 - The sensational sisters, are actually, good

February

Following their arrival in Cerulean, Daisy generously offered Blight a place to stay at her mansion-like home. Upon settling in, Blight was warmly welcomed by maids who escorted him to his designated room for the night.

The next morning, Blight woke up early and made his way to the Cerulean bridge with a fishing rod he had discovered in the garage.

"Alright, team," Blight addressed his Pokémon. "According to the rumors, there should be an electric eel Pokémon somewhere around here, and it could give us the best chance of defeating the Champion in the upcoming challenge."

His Pokémon, including Dartrix, Bulbasaur, and Sewaddle, let out tired yawns, indicating their exhaustion. Unaware of their fatigue, Blight began fishing.

Minutes turned into hours, but Blight had yet to catch anything. Frustrated, he reeled in his line and inspected the rod.

"How the heck does this thing even work?" Blight muttered to himself. "I think we should try a different approach... Dartrix, do your thing."

Dartrix soared into the sky, flying around for about six minutes before letting out a screech. "Alright, Sewaddle, use String Shot!" Blight commanded. Sewaddle, perched on Blight's head, shot strings into the water. "And Bulbasaur, use Vine Whip to close it off!"

Bulbasaur extended its vines into the water, successfully pulling out a Magikarp. The team let out a collective sigh of disappointment.

"What are you doing?!" Bill exclaimed.

"Fishing, why?" Blight responded innocently.

"You're not supposed to fish like that on the bridge! You have to do it over there. And why are you even fishing?"

"I'm looking for the electric eel Pokémon to challenge Daisy."

"Why? You have three grass Pokémon; you'll have a huge advantage."

Blight paused for a moment, contemplating Bill's words. "...Grass can beat water types? Oh..." He suddenly realized.

Dartrix facepalmed itself, while Bulbasaur tried to process the fact that Blight was now its trainer.

"Also," Bill added. "Since you're participating in the Champion's Challenge, if you defeat Daisy, I can take you to Vermillion."

"Why Vermillion? What's there?" Blight inquired.

"The SS.Anne. There's a chance a champion might be on board, so it's the best lead for finding one."

_________________________________________

Pokémon Special Chronicles
Chapter Six

Blight was awestruck at the Cerulean Gym; he had seen Brock's gym, but this one was truly breathtaking. Daisy and her three sisters stood poised in their positions as Bill, the referee, announced the start of their official Champions Challenge.

"We're beginning already? No prep time at all?" Blight inquired.

"Yep, we have a show tomorrow and we can't waste time on this champions challenge," Daisy replied.

"But this is your literal job!" Blight exclaimed.

"No, it's actually our side job. We're just doing it for the money," Lily revealed.

"Now, Blight, the rules are different today. You can use three Pokémon, while the sisters can only use one each. No substitutions are allowed, and the winner of the best out of three rounds will claim victory in the champions challenge. Let's begin!"

"Sewaddle, it's your turn," Blight placed the bug Pokémon on the battlefield.

"Seely, go! Use Tackle!" Violet commanded.