Adventure 04 - The fuchsia gym doesn't belong to you

June

Fuchsia City: Safari Zone

Blight and Forrest collected their hard-earned Poké dollars and yen from their battles, pooling their resources together with Kellie's contribution. With the combined funds, they were only able to afford a boat trip within the Safari Zone, as it was the most affordable option that wouldn't leave them broke.

Accompanied by a few elderly individuals and a group of fellow trainers who, like them, were traveling together, the trio, along with Dartrix, set off towards their first and only stopping point as indicated by their tour guide.

The boat eventually docked near a small, overcrowded land platform teeming with Pokémon. The guide leaped off the boat, and the rest of the group eagerly followed suit.

Leading the way, the guide took the group on a tour around the forest, pointing out various special spots where Pokémon would often live. They even demonstrated the proper technique for catching Safari Pokémon, emphasizing that it was a privilege.

Eventually, they made their way back to the main section of the island. There, they witnessed a scene with Rhyhorn drinking water by a lake, a herd of Tauros surrounding a single female Tauros, and a heated argument between a group of Nidoking and a group of Exeggutor over a patch of berries. The guide, accompanied by some members of the group, headed towards this commotion to address the issue.

Lost in thought, Blight contemplated which Pokémon to catch in this area, considering the possibility of adding a Rhyhorn to their team. Giving a nod of approval, Dartrix seemed to agree with this decision.

Just as the male Tauros left to gather berries, the female Tauros they had been trying to woo suddenly charged towards Blight, pinning him to the ground. The Normal-type Pokémon then proceeded to aggressively lick Blight's face.

Dartrix's eyes widened at this unexpected turn of events.

"Gross! No! Get off me!" Blight exclaimed, desperately pushing the Pokémon off him.

The male Tauros scraped the ground with their hooves while shooting daggers at Blight, making a cold shiver run down his spine. The female Tauros positioned herself in front of Blight, scolding the males who appeared taken aback.

To Blight's dismay, the female Tauros crept even closer, attempting to cuddle with the bewildered human. In her attempt to get closer, she accidentally bumped into the Poké Ball Blight was holding, causing a sudden capture.

Dartrix, aware of the potential danger, had vanished from the scene, knowing that if the Tauros were to attack, Blight would command it to battle them.

"No! No! No!"

The Tauros, now filled with fury, reflected their shock onto their faces as the Poké Ball suddenly teleported to the PC.

"NO!"

____________________________________

Pokémon Special Chronicles
Volume Three : Chapter Four

The morning sun rose, marking their third and final day in Fuchsia City. The decision to spend three nights here had been influenced by a poster advertising a fighting tournament taking place in three days time. Blight was eager for Poliwhirl to participate, knowing it enjoyed such events.