Adventure 06 - Sewaddle, I'm sorry, okay

April

Kellie dashed through the crowd of trees, finally emerging in a stunning flower biome. Butterfree's fluttered gracefully throughout the area, leaving Kellie, Blight, and Forrest in awe.

"It's easy to forget how beautiful this world can be," Forrest commented.

"Isn't Butterfree a bug type?" Blight inquired.

"That's correct," Forrest replied.

"In that case, I won't attempt to catch one. I don't want people to think I specialize in a specific type of Pokémon again," Blight explained.

"Well, having an entire team of part grass Pokémon might already give that impression," Forrest pointed out.

"I'm aware," Blight sighed. "But that's why I have Poliwhirl with me. Diversity is crucial."

"It seems like Kellie has found quite the catch," Forrest observed.

Blight turned towards the other side of the field where Kellie and Jigglypuff stood watching a Nidoran sleep amidst the vibrant flowers. Blight hurried over and accidentally woke the Nidoran.

"Hey! Look what you've done!" Kellie exclaimed.

"It woke up on its own, besides, it's not like you wanted to catch it... but I do," Blight retorted.

"Okay, fine. But do you even have any Poké Balls?" Kellie asked.

"N-no... they all got flushed away when we entered the water... But since you still have two, you can lend me one, right?" Blight requested.

"As if. I found the Pokémon first, so it's my catch," Kellie asserted.

"Oh, come on. You didn't even call dibs or anything like that," Blight argued.

"The Pokémon is escaping," Forrest notified them.

Reflexively, Kellie reached into her bag and fumbled for a Poké Ball, almost dropping it, before finally launching it at the Nidoran. The Poké Ball collided with its head and rolled once.

"Hah, you failed," Blight taunted.

But then the Poké Ball rolled twice, then thrice, and abruptly halted. Just as Blight was about to gloat, it twitched again, signaling that Kellie had made the catch.
___________________________________
Pokémon Special Chronicles
Volume Two : Chapter Six

Blight let out a frustrated sigh as the trainer in front of him returned her pokémon to its Poké Ball. He watched as she waved goodbye, but he couldn't find it in himself to wave back.

"Come on Sewaddle!" Blight scolded, his voice filled with disappointment. "That battle was so easy, you could have easily won with PayBack. But no, you just had to keep acting like the coward that you are and use String Shot."

Sewaddle frowned, trying to explain itself to Blight.

"I don't care what you're saying," Blight interrupted, frustration lacing his words. "You lost during a crucial moment! Why can't you ever be a team player like everyone else? Even Fearow is doing a better job, and I've never even used him to battle!"