Adventure 02 - They need to get along

May

Blight, Kellie, and Forrest found themselves in a heated argument about their Pokémon-catching abilities. Kellie was clearly on the losing side as the others reminisced about the time she caught Nidoran.

Their squabble, however, was abruptly interrupted when Blight spotted a crying clown.

"Maybe we should just walk past him," Blight suggested in a hushed we voice.

"You're so heartless!" Kellie retorted.

"I'm sorry, but I don't really care about whatever made him cry in the middle of the road," Blight replied apologetically.

"But we should care, right Forrest?" Kellie turned to Forrest, who avoided making eye contact.

"Wow. You guys are re—" Kellie began to say before being interrupted by the clown.

"—kids! Can you three please help me out?" the clown pleaded.

"Of course! What's the problem?" Kellie quickly answered.

"I overheard some of the other clowns talking, and they believe my act isn't funny. They might even fire me," the clown explained sadly.

"How could they say such awful things? And behind your back, too!" Kellie exclaimed, shocked by the clown's revelation.

"I know, right? My Mr. Mime and I have been searching for people to practice my act on, but we haven't found anyone until now," the clown confided in them.

"Look, man, we're in a rush," Blight began before being interrupted by Kellie.

"...Sure, show us your performance," Kellie said.

"Thank you," the clown replied, a hint of relief in his voice.

The clown started dancing around the stage, causing both Blight and Forrest to cringe a little. Meanwhile, Mr. Mime began miming on the other side of the stage, successfully diverting attention from the cringeworthy clown.

"I thought you and Mr. Mime were supposed to work together," Blight commented.

"Yes, but Mr. Mime loves the miming act, and I love the dancing. It was a mutual decision to perform individually," the clown explained.

"Okay, how about you combine your acts?" Forrest suggested.

"No, Forrest, don't involve yourself in this," Blight quietly warned.

"Combine? How?" the clown inquired.

"Mr. Mime can be like the person who does the wrong act, and you can be the silent clown trying to stop him. You'll be portrayed as the villain," Forrest explained further.

"What?" the clown seemed perplexed.

"I get it! I see what you mean," the clown exclaimed, suddenly understanding.

Once again, the clown started dancing while Mr. Mime mimed. The clown eventually stopped and urgently gestured for Mr. Mime to cease his act, but the Pokémon didn't listen and continued with its performance. Frustrated, the clown marched over to Mr. Mime, accidentally knocking into a light screen as he tried to pull him back.