Adventure 03 - An oddly Gray Chapter

Gray found himself locked in an intense battle with one of the O.R.R members he had been tailing. As the member discovered Gray's presence and attempted to attack him with his fierce Growlithe, a determination flickered in Gray's eyes.

"You think capturing me will make the commander notice you? Dream on," Gray retorted.

As the Growlithe lunged forward, unleashing a fiery ember, Gray swiftly evaded the attack. In a split second, he tossed a Poké Ball into the midst of the flames. With a burst of energy, Rhyhorn emerged from the Poké Ball and delivered a powerful horn attack to the startled Growlithe. The O.R.R grunt fumbled for another Poké Ball, but before he could react, Gray unleashed his Electabuzz. With a shocking thunder punch, Electabuzz incapacitated the grunt, bringing an end to the battle.

Gray patted Electabuzz on the back, a smile tugging at the corners of his lips. "The note is safe."

Saffron City
Psycho Café

Gray ordered himself a hot beverage, even though he knew it wasn't the most refreshing choice. The Psycho Café was the first place he stumbled upon.

With a Mudkip-designed cup in hand, Gray sipped on his tea while carefully examining the note he had swiped from the defeated O.R.R grunt. The words on the paper detailed his next mission: "My mission of glorification part one; Head to Lavender Town and disregard any false rumors of it being a ghost town. Your focus should be on retrieving a delivery at the back of the train station. From the package, retrieve the molecule demerger and the wireless blockage device."

As Gray took another sip of his tea, he glanced up at the television nearby. A news segment featured a wealthy billionaire, apparently a company owner, engaged in an interview with a reporter.

Yes," the woman's mature voice sounded, her determination evident. "I want to find my daughter... These people who kidnapped her will pay for what they did."

"Did they send a ransom? You should be able to pay it off."

"No, not yet. They are being tricky, which is why if the police of my home region, Johto, fail to find her by next year, I'll enlist my own law enforcement. And let me tell you, it will be ugly when they start searching... She knows how ugly."

Gray took note of her company's logo before lowering his head back down to the piece of paper in his hand.

After paying for the tea he had ordered, Gray started his walk out of Saffron so he could head to Lavender Town.

Out of the corner of his eye, he easily identified a grunt sneaking through the city. The grunt wore a cloak with the O.R.R symbol, a custom design only worn by members of the organization.

When the grunt turned and noticed Gray staring, panic flashed across his face. At this point, almost everybody in the O.R.R knew who Gray was and recognized his appearance, so the grunt quickly started running.

Gray went from walking to a full sprint, chasing after the O.R.R member. The grunt turned into an alley where two trainers were battling, ruthlessly knocking their Pokémon aside. Gray continued the chase, using the walls as leverage to jump over the ongoing Pokémon battle.

The grunt pushed through civilians, but Gray skillfully dodged them to stay hot on his trail.

The chase led the two into the forest route to Lavender Town, and it had been going on for almost 20 minutes. The grunt was starting to tire. Desperate, the O.R.R member released a Poké Ball onto the ground, summoning an Electrode.