(Volume 3) Adventure 01 - Why were we even fighting?

Note: This entire volume would technically be considered filler material, the post chapters, main chapters and Pre Chapters are pretty much the same, they will all mostly feel like extra material added.

May

Blight paused near a sign that Dartrix was pecking at. The sign read 'Celadon City ->'. Forrest examined the sign and nodded in agreement.

"Keen eye, Dartrix," Blight praised.

Dartrix fixed its glasses with a mischievous grin, clearly pleased with the compliment.

"We'll take a break here before continuing," Blight suggested.

"That's not the only reason why I think it's a good idea," Forrest chimed in.

Curious, Blight raised an eyebrow. "Oh? Why is that?"

"For one, Kellie probably saw the sign as well and is likely making her way to Celadon City as we speak," Forrest explained.

Blight scoffed dismissively. "Who cares where she is? I never really liked traveling with her anyway."

Forrest wasn't convinced and challenged Blight with a stern gaze. "Really now? Look me in the eye and tell me that again."

Blight met Forrest's gaze, but after a few seconds, he broke eye contact and sighed. "Let's just head to the city before nightfall comes, okay."

"It's funny how such a seemingly small thing can become such a big issue," Forrest stated, his voice tinged with a hint of sadness.

Celadon City welcomed Kellie as she ventured inside. The city's atmosphere provided a breath of beautiful fresh air, offering a much-needed respite from the toxicity that clouded her mind.

Unlike Blight and Forrest, who sought rest in the city, Kellie had arrived with a mission of her own. A mission that held great importance to her and her alone.

"Oh my Arceus?!" Kellie exclaimed, cringing at a sudden unpleasant smell. "Is it me? Do I smell that bad?"

She sniffed her shirt and wrinkled her nose in disgust.

"I can't meet Marnie while smelling like this. Fortunately, Celadon must have a perfume store nearby. I should head there quickly before we meet," she resolved determinedly.

Celadon City: Erika's Perfume Store

Kellie pushed open the door to the perfume store, causing some people inside to freeze at the unpleasant smell that surrounded her. Ignoring their reaction, Kellie made her way to the counter where a woman with dark blue hair stood. Despite Kellie's horrific smell, the woman wore a bright smile on her face.

"You must be a Pokémon trainer," the woman said.

"Yeah. But I'm not here to challenge gyms or champions," Kellie replied.

"Then I guess you're just traveling for the sake of it, right?" the woman asked.

"How did you know I was traveling?" Kellie inquired.

"I can recognize the scent of Pokémon trainers who have journeyed from point A to here. I've smelled it so often that it's become like a second sense to me," the woman explained.