Chapter 22

Carina and Maya had officially been together for a month now. Their busy schedules made it difficult for them to find time for dates, but they made sure to spend the night with one another at least a couple of times a week. Most often, Carina would stay at Maya's apartment because she was still living with Andrea. Their schedules hardly matched up, so this weekend for their anniversary they decided to each take three days off so they could spend time together. There was only one thing in the way...

--

Three Weeks Ago

Maya called Carina about the paternity test and explained the situation as best as she could. Andy talked with Carina on the phone and expressed her wishes about finding out who the father was. The doctor explained that using Ryan's DNA would be extremely difficult and would force her to contact the coroner's office, which Andy did not want to do. She decided her best bet was to get samples from Jack and Sullivan.

The two best friends walked hand in hand back to Andy's home. Maya decided they didn't need to talk anymore about the paternity issues today, so she changed the subject.

"I'm taking Carina out on a date tonight, but I haven't had time to plan much," she said as they stopped at a crosswalk a few blocks from Andy's home.

The curly haired brunette turned to look at her, "You really like her, huh?"

"I do. It's only been a week, but I have never felt so consumed by someone before. Every minute I am not with her, I'm thinking of her."

"I can tell. I've never seen you this way before, like ever."

Maya laughed as they started to cross the street, "I usually am good at setting boundaries and creating barriers, but with her, I want her to knock them all down."

"Do you think she feels the same way?" Andy asked.

Maya paused and thought about all of their interactions, "I mean, maybe? I don't know. She has said some things that make me think yes, but with it only being a week, I'm not sure."

The brunette nodded her head slowly, "Are you planning on telling her?"

"Oh, God no!" Maya yelled. "It is way too soon. I don't want to scare her off."

Andy giggled at her friend, "Maya, you kill me sometimes. She clearly feels the same way, open those blue eyes of yours a little." The two friends walked up the steps to Andy's home and made their way inside and plopped on the couch. "Let's plan this date of yours, huh?"

"I was hoping you'd help."

--

Date Night

Carina opened the door to her town-home to see her small girlfriend covering her face with a beautiful bouquet of flowers filled with deep red, burnt orange, and dark yellow hues.

"Bambina, move those flowers so I can kiss you," Carina laughed. Maya moved the flowers to her side and stood on her tiptoes to reach the lips of her girlfriend who was wearing three inch heels.

"If I wasn't short enough, you have to go strutting around in those," Maya joked as she made her way inside. "But, damn, do you look good. Come here!"

The blonde threw the flowers down on the entry table and wrapped her arms around her girlfriend's waist. Even though she was the shorter one, she lifted Carina up and spun her around in a circle as their lips connected.

"Bella!" Carina managed between kisses, "put me down or we will never leave." Maya lowered her to the floor and gave her one final kiss before Carina grabbed her long beige coat and scarf. "You never told me where we are going," she said as they exited her home and walked down the steps to Maya's Prius.