Bound by Bloodline (A God of War x Highschool DxD AU story) Prologue: Tough Love

Start from the beginning

Thomas looks down and hesitantly nods, ashamed of himself. I let out an irritated breath and rest my hands in my palms.

"I can't hire any bodyguards because I'm always repaying the damages the group causes. And I need some of the money for my sister."

"Right..." I mutter, my face still in my palms. "Your sister is in the hospital and needs surgery..." I stay quiet for a moment. "...damnit, Thomas. You're seriously screwed without my help."

"...."

"...." I eventually gave up. I lost my will to drink than I usually do. I got up from my chair and put some money on the stand. "I know it's only half, but I lost my job again. When I get a-."

"I know, I know..." Thomas says, defeated. "Just try not to loose your...what number of jobs is this?"

I shrug. "Beats me. Lost count after the fifteenth job." Thomas looks at me with dissatisfaction. I don't blame him. But, whatever I guess. "Want me to help clean up?" I ask.

"No...just...just go home..."

"..." I look at him with sympathy. He looks so beaten down and done with life. I sigh. "...Fine... See you later." I gave him a half wave before walking out of his bar. "Night."

"Night, y/n." Thomas mutters loud enough for me to barley hear him, still looking at the stand.

When I exit the bar, I look back at the building. I remember him working so damn hard for this place, yet he's been through so much shit ever since. He doesn't have any breaks, does he? If I try to help him out, I'm sure I'll only get him into more trouble. Damn...I really need to get a high-paying job so I can help out.... Maybe-.

As I was about to think more, the sound of wings flapping from behind broke my thoughts. I turn around and saw nothing. I look around but saw no signs of a single bird in sight. The hell?

"..."

After a moment or two, I decided to walk home as I continued my thoughts. I can't really say Thomas necessary innocent. He's done some shady shit in the past. Maybe this is life punishing him for his mistakes.

"Well, well, well." An old, rough voice says behind me, making me stop my thoughts and walking. "Look who we finally found."

'The hell?' I turn around and found an old man with an extremely long beard standing with a woman by his side.

The old man wore a green shirt and cap

The old man wore a green shirt and cap. He wore some shorts and regular shoes. He held a cane in his hands. And as I studied his face, I noticed he wore a...monocle? over his left eye... The fuck is up with him?

Next to the old man was a ...rather beautiful woman, if I do say so myself, with long, straight silver hair and aqua-colored eyes. She wore a simple business suit and skirt. She looks around my age. Maybe she's his granddaughter or something?

"Who the hell are you?" I ask, impatiently. "Where you following me?"

The old man simply laughs at me. I stare at him in confusion as the woman was too.

"Don't act dumb, boy." The old man says. "You know exactly who I am."

"What-?" I stare at the two in confusion. But I suddenly felt a strange energy coming from them. My eyes widen as I recognize the energy. "Odin..." I mutter with venom.

Odin laughs harder from my reaction. "Yes! You're smarter than I thought! Good to know!"

I glare at him, annoyed. "Why are you here?" I demand.

No one's POV

Odin simply grins at y/n, the woman continues to stay silent. He strokes his beard as y/n stood still. The sun sets behind y/n as he felt his patience run out.

"Fine..." Y/n mutters.

He lifts his right arm to the side, his palm open. At first, nothing happened. The woman looks confused by his move as Odin looks pleased. Eventually though, a strange sound came from the alleyway. Something moves out of the alleyway very quickly, making a bunch of noise. Soon, something shinny explodes out of a trash bin and flew into y/n's hand. In y/n's hand was an axe. It's blade was silver with symbols engraved into it as the handle was bendy. Two orbs glowed near the top of the axe.

The axe was slowly becoming coated in ice

The axe was slowly becoming coated in ice. Y/n glares daggers at Odin as the latter continues to smile.

"If you won't say anything..." Y/n threatens coldly. He points the blade of his axe at Odin's face. "I'll just have to make you!"

To be continued...?