Chapter 13 ~ Secret trump

Amphitrite was angry with herself. She was swimming through the dangerous water. Her stupid daughter had casted a storm. Now. If she would get a hold of her daughter any time soon Kym wouldn't be able to cast a simple cloud for a while. But it was Amphitrite's fault that the situation was so... complicated now. She should have taken better care of the girl since she pushed her into the past. Neptune had been so angry about her little idea. But before he could send one of his sea monsters after the girl, Amphitrite was able to convince him about all the possibilities the girl offered. Amphitrite had noticed the girl again and again in her own time and the goddess felt that she was a very special mortal child. In her heart was a burning desire, a never endling longing for long lost times.
Finally, Amphitrite reached the accident site. She looked around hectically and suddenly she saw her body drifting in the waves. The water played tenderly with her hair, her eyes were closed, and her beautiful face showed nothing but peace. She was absolutely perfect for little Gaius: beautiful to look at, but dangerously intelligent. It was a very rare mix in all periods. Amphitrite realised in relief that there was still live in her little protégé.
Amphitrite petted the young mortal's check motherly and whispered: "Your task is not done yet, my child"
Then she commanded the water to bring the girl safely back to land. Immediately the water pushed her graceful body to the surface, so that the waves could bring her to the shore. Pleased with herself Amphitrite returned to the palace at the seabed. Her little trump would not disappear so easily.