Prolouge: A Strange Object Appears! A New Story Begins

Start from the beginning

The four went over to the edge of the crater. The two elderly had to cover their mouths with their clothes as they began coughing.The young woman thrusts her arm forward, with wind blowing in that direction. The wind blew the smoke away and revealed something within the crater. It wasn't a meteor, but instead it was something odd.

It was a white sphere

It was a white sphere. It looked like it was as tall as the younger man and made out of some sort of metal. It had a small circular red glass on the side.

"W-What's that?!" The young wife said as the husband draws his sword.

The entire group was shocked and confused by the strange object. They had no idea what it was.

"Wait here. I'll check it out." He said before jumping into the crater.

"Be careful!"

The husband doesn't respond as he slid down the side of the crater. When he reached the bottom, he slowly approached the strange object with his guard up. Sweat drops from his forehead as he got to the object.

Thinking it was worth a shot, he gently pokes the object with the tip of his blade.

...

No response. He pokes it again, making sure it wasn't alive.

...

Again, no response. He lets out a relieved sigh as he turns towards the others.

"It's fine!" He shouts, causing everyone to smile. "I don't think it's-!"

The sound of muffled crying stops him. Everyone's eyes widen as they heard it coming from the object. The man turns around and felt his heart race.

'W-What the-?!'

"Is that a child?!" The elderly woman yells.

"I-I don't know!" The man yells over his shoulder.

"Try opening it!" The husband's wife shouts.

The man slowly kneeled down to check through the red glass. At first he couldn't see anything through it. But that was quickly changed. His eyes widen in shock as he stood up, dropping his sword. "I-Impossible!"

"What is it?!" The old man finally joins in.

Without replying, the man picks up his sword and lifts it over his head. He was about to swing at the object until it slowly opens up on its own. The man tried to step back but instead he falls on his rear as the object opens up and the crying became louder.

The other three carefully leans closer the edge of the crater, trying to get a look without falling into the hole.

The man slowly got up and approached the object, grabbing something from within it. The others were shocked as to what the man pulled out from it.

The man was cradling a naked infant. It didn't even look like it was two as it cried. It had black hair and a brown monkey-like tail.

"A...a-a Faunus?!" The young woman exclaims over they child's crying. "What's it doing in that thing?!"

What was stranger was what it had. The infant had a green earring with gold chains on its left ear and a silver ring on its right index finger.

The man tried to calm the child as it continued to try. "Come on, come on..." he whispers as the child continues to cry. "Don't cry. It's alright. You're safe now."

The older man looks around the area as he heard several howls close by. He sweats nervously as he turns to the others.

"We should go back to our camp! Sounds like the Grimm are nearby. They must be picking up the child's negativity!"

"Give me the child!" The older woman demands. "I'll try calming it down!"

"Good idea, mom!" The younger woman said.

The man turns towards the other and nod. "R-right!"

He walks over to the others and gave the child to the old woman before sprinting for his sword. Once he picked it up, he quickly climbed out of the crater and the group left the area as fast as they could back to their tents.

After some time, the four made it back to their camp. They ran into a few Grimm on the way, but the husband took care of them. The elder woman managed to calm the child down as they got back. They got an extra blanket they had in their camp and wrapped it around the child, keeping it warm from the chilly air.

After about an hour later, the four were sitting around a campfire. They all sat silently across from each other as the elder woman was cradling the child as it slept. After a few moments, the young man spoke.

"What should we do?" He asks quietly so the child doesn't wake.

The others shrug. They too don't know what to do.

"Well, it's obvious we can't keep him." The old man said whilst crossing his arms.

Everyone turns towards him in shock.

"What?!" They shouted instinctively.

The child stirs in its sleep. It whimpers as everyone realized they were too loud. The elderly woman began to cradle the child again as the rest tried to not make a sound. After a few minutes the child fell asleep soundly again. Everyone was relieved as the child didn't wake up. They all waited a few more minutes before continuing their conversation.

"How dare you suggest leaving him behind, dad." The young woman scolds her father. "We can't just-."

"I didn't mean it like that." Her father interrupts. "I meant we can't afford to keep him. We need to find his parents. They must be looking for him. Or we at least send him to some other home or orphanage."

The others hesitantly nod in agreement.

"But why would they keep him in the ball and send him all the way out here?" The daughter was referring to the parents. "What purpose was it for?"

"..." Everyone was silent. That was a good point. No one would do this to their child. They all tried to come up with theories, but nothing made sense.

They soon gave up thinking about it. It was late and they were all tired. All they could think about was sleeping.

"We should get some sleep." The young man said. "We'll probably need to cancel the rest of this camping trip and head back to the village tomorrow."

The rest nods in agreement. They all went into their tents to sleep. The child was with the older folks in case the child woke up again.

At some point in the night, a figure was standing over the sleeping child. It stares menacingly at it in silence. It balls it's hands into fists and sneers at the child. A strange dark aura illuminates off of the figure.

"Pathetic." Was all it said.

The child stirs in its sleep, its face scrunched up and it moves its head around as if having a nightmare.

To be continued...

What do y'all think so far?