Let the Sky Fall (A Monster Hunter AU story)- Prolouge: Let the Sky Fall

Start from the beginning

The person slowly lifts their arms above their head and proceeds to unsheathe their sword. As the blade come out, the red sun and moon's light reflects off of the blade.

"After many centuries... you shall to-tower above all of the wretched creatures...t-that have tainted this world..."

When the person was finished unsheathing the blade, they brought the tip of the sword to their eye level and stare into their reflection. They saw their burning red eyes and their wicked smile staring deeply into the blade as the sun and moon reflects off the blade as well.

"Nothing can-can stop you this time... You will be more powerful than any... monsters or "Hunters" that will try to slay you again..." They say venomously.

The person slowly flips the sword and points the tip at the center of their chest. Their breathing became heavier as they felt a sweat drip from their face. Deep down they didn't want to go through with this, but something else, a burning rage of another, orders them to.

"L-let this be...the beginning of the end for...a-all living creatures in existence... be it the second most powerful Black Dragon or a puny insect...."

With one last deep breath, the person stabs the blade into their chest, coughing up blood as their body was shaking. Their blood drips onto the blade, which began to illuminate a crimson red glow as more blood covers it.

"I-it hurts, my King..." The person tries to breath, yet couldn't. They could only take short breaths. They grit their teeth as they force to push the blade deeper into their chest. "It...h-hurts...B-but I don't care... if it m-means you can walk again...s-so be it. I will die a thous-thousand deaths if needed..."

The sword glows brighter as more blood drips onto the blade. Soon, the air around the person became thin as wind blows. Clouds cover the sky as red lightning crackles in the air. The sun and moon overlaps each other and forms and eclipse. The wind began to blow violently as a red magic circle was summoned under the person. It glows a crimson red as the person coughs again.

"I served y-you for all my life...I, a weak human, s-served the King of Monsters... Hehe..." The person chuckles as they felt their vision becomes blurry and their eyelids felt heavy. The ground began to shake as they felt their life ending. "How....ironic...A h-human sacrifices t-their life to bring back a life their ancestors sacrificed themselves to destroy..."

A loud thunderous boom was heard from above that could make any person deaf. But the person barely heard it. The ground shook much worse as the building around the person began to break apart and crumble around them. Their body became weak as they sway before dropping to the side. The circle brightens as the person weakly smiles. They mutter one last thing before closing their eyes, accepting their fate.

"S-show...them...no...m-mercy..."

A large beam of red and white light erupts from the circle. Red lightning strikes the ground around the room as thunder roars in the air. The room the person was in explodes and dust flew everywhere as the light burst into the sky, almost reaching infinitely. The building which was once an ancient castle on top of a mountain, is now nothing more than a giant pile of rubble and debris. A massive silhouette could be seen slowly forming within the beam of light. Two large wings spread out from the beam as it slowly fades away. The dust soon settles as a large monster, classified as a Black Dragon, was all that was remaining from the castle.