Broken 💔...

Nancy's Pov

Our celebration continued for an hour , we clicked pics , we danced on court , Matthew sir came to congratulate us..

Suzie went to congratulate Will and me Ria , Keith were standing in the court gossiping about the match and DJ programme that is going to held tomorrow ..
"Where is Emily ? " I asked Keith ..
" She was with me till now , I don't know where she left " Keith looking around ..
My eyes spotted her , her face was sulky and she was coming towards us,
I realise that something must be wrong with her so I strolled towards her leaving Ria and Keith alone ..

"What happened ? " I asked
" I'm sorry " she replied with a gloomy face ..
"What happened " I asked again and "why are you apologising to me ?"
" I had a fight with Austin and accidentally I told him that you still miss him " she murmured ..
I wasn't sure whether I should say something to her or not, she hasn't done anything wrong it's my fate that's why all problems attract towards me ..
"It's okay " I replied taking a deep sigh ..
"It's not your fault , let's go Keith is waiting for us " I replied giving her a smile ..
I couldn't hurt people around me just because of that Austin ..

Almost everyone were present in the ground , sun was setting in the sky and it's rays was illuminating the grass making everything more beautiful ..

Me Ria , Keith and Emily were sitting on the ground chattering about some random stuffs ..
Keith's eyes never left Ria's face even for a minute and both Me and Emily realised that he is interested in her ...

"Stay away from her she has a special affinity to cling to boys " I looked upward to see James , he was saying this to Keith , but his fierce eyes were focused on Ria ..
I turned to look at Ria , she was silently staring at ground , plucking the grass with her fingers ..
What the hell he is doing here ?
Keith and Emily were totally confused by this , but they remained calm ..
"Yeah ! And she might scald you if you dare to reject her " he said again with a smirk and left ...

"What is he saying ? " Keith asked looking at me and Ria ..
Ria didn't replied anything but a tear drop landed on her lap , I wasn't able say anything to her cause I knew that my words couldn't comfort her ...
She took a deep sigh and got up , and I realised that this is not going to end here , i stood up hurriedly ..

"Ria listen to me " I shouted getting up , Keith and Emily followed me ..
"No Nancy , I need clear the things " she replied and strode behind James ..
Oh god ! Last time they created a big scene in cafe , I don't know what they will do this time ..
Utmost I was worried about Ria , that's why I ran behind her ...

She was way to faster than me , she rushed towards James and stopped him in a midway ..
Her eyes were fierce and her face was showing enormous emotions , pain , anger everything .

"What do you think of yourself ? " She asked looking at him fiercely ..
"Did I say anything wrong , weren't you get angry after rejection " his husky voice tensed the air ...

I was looking at them silently, but it seems like they weren't aware of me or anything , they just want to hurt each other by their words , but little they know that hurting others can't ease your own wound  ...

Tear were rolling down her cheeks  and I felt that the emotions she was hiding till now are no longer in her control ...
"It's not true " she replied in a low broken voice , her eyes constantly looking in him , but i don't think it affected James , instead his voice became more rough..
"Ohh , now something new came , it's not true , huhh! " He replied with a smirk ..
" Yeah , it's not true I wasn't enraged by your rejection " she replied furiously and loudly  .
When it's about your self respect anger always overshadows your pain..

"Then look at me and say you never loved me , and you never liked me " he firmly clasped her shoulder , shaking her forcefully ..

" I loved you " she shouted ...
My jaw dropped , I couldn't believe she actually confessed her feelings ..

James's  hands  slowly slid down her  shoulder and his bewildered eyes looking at her , he definitely did not expected this ..

"Yeah that's true , I liked you and I loved you , but I never wanted to tell you this ...
I never thought of telling you the truth cause I knew that you are a coward " her fiery eyes were red and tears continuously shedding from her eyes ...
"You are a coward , you are afraid of relationships and I knew that from very first day that's why I never wanted to tell you anything " she said in a harsh voice , her finger was pointing hard  inside his t-shirt ..

"I've been rejected since the first day I started loving you .
But we were friends , right ?
The best of friends ?
why didn't you believe me then ? "
Friends are supposed to believe each other , then why didn't you believe me when I told you the truth ?
when I cried in front of you ?

Best of friends ! ...Her voice echoed in my eardrums and reached my mind  clearing lots of troubling questions and loosening all the puzzles , in which I was stuck in ...

James was silently looking at her , although his expressions didn't changed a bit but I felt that he was little bit affected ..

"I never wanted to tell you anything cause you were my best friend and at any cost I  didn't want to ruin our friendship" her voice broke in midway by loud sobs ...
"And even that day I wasn't wrote that on my shirt " she replied crying hard .
My eyes also started burning with tear seeing her in this condition , and I thought that James must have believed her now but I was wrong ...

"You are lying " he replied , his voice was low but he wasn't ready to accept the truth .

"She is not lying " a loud voice came from behind , it was Noel ..
"You know that she is not lying , so stop pretending " He added ..
James didn't reply anything , his ego was more bigger than the truth , he gave a look to Noel and Ria and left ..
I took few steps towards Nancy ..
"Ria " I said putting a hand on her shoulder ..
"Give me some time Nancy , I just want to be alone " she replied and left ...

"I acted like it wasn't a big deal,
When really it was breaking my heart "...💔
             ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Do vote and please comment 💝💝