Are you Okay ?

Nancy's Pov

"I'm getting late for the practice " I replied after a while , my voice was shaken a little but I don't think Austin noticed it, cause he was too busy in looking at his new girlfriend.
"Yeah sure , bye " he replied and they left , his hand was still on her back and I don't what he whispered in ear but she giggled ...

My mind was totally a mess, tear was trying really hard to come out but anyhow I managed to control them ...

"Let's go " Noel asked after a while drawing my attention from them ..
"Yeah " I replied and went towards the court ...
But my brain and my hand didn't coordinated well , James almost shouted at me for tenth time for dropping the ball and being too much absent minded , everytime I looked at Noel but he didn't utter a single word even his face remain sturdy throughout the match ...

It was already 7'o clock and everyone was tired so we ended the game ...
"Hey schedule is out " Will shouted soaking his sweat with a towel and looking at his phone screen ..
Everyone gathered around him , except me ...
"Volleyball .. volleyball...volley it's on Thursday and Friday " he replied after checking the whole list ..
"Which school ?" James asked ..
"Two matches on Thursday and finals on Friday " Will replied .
"Volleyball match is on Thursday and Friday " he told this to Noel ..
And my eyes landed on him , he was standing there holding a bottle and gulping the liquid down his throat ..
"Hmm" he was even more uninterested then me ...
He looked at me and for a while our eyes meet but he lowered his face removing a packet from his bag ...

Is he angry ?
Is that due to Austin or because of my bad performance ?
I thought . But it doesn't matter to me now ..
After today's practice I decided that my performance was really bad and i was sure that I will not be able to play around Austin and his girlfriend ...
So I decided to evict myself from this match , atleast they won't lost the game because of me and my stupidity...

I turned to see Noel but he was standing just infront of me , my voice stucked in my throat .
"This is our new t-shirt for the game check it if it fits you or not " he replied giving me the packet ...
His eyes was still on me and for some unknown reason my heart felt something , it wasn't pleasure , it wasn't pain but something mixed like my heart was craving for something ..

"Okay " I replied taking that packet from his hand and shaking of all thoughts  ...
I strolled towards the changing room and then I realise that I had to tell him that I can't play and he should replace someone with me ...
I came out to the court but he wasn't there ..
"Will " I said going closer to Will .
"Nancy , are you okay ? " He asked looking at my gloomy face ..
"Yeah I'm fine " I replied
"Did you see Noel ? " I added ..
"Yeah he went to chek his t-shirt " he replied ..
"Okay " I replied and turn to leave ...
"By the way Nancy " Will said in low voice and I stopped to hear ..
"Don't worry about the practice , I know you'll play better in finals " he replied with smile and I smiled back ..
"Thanks "

I was looking for the boys changing room , as it was already late so the corridors were empty ..
My mind was still indulged in the thoughts of Austin and Sophia ; I was so much into them , that I even  forgot to knock the door and  pushed it hard and without any hesitation  entered inside , seeing Noel there  , he was shirtless and was looking in his phone ..
I stood there absent mindedly scanning his perfect toned body and his biceps ...
When he looked upward and my eyes met his gaze and I realised what I did ..

"I'm sorry I forgot to knock " I nervously replied and turned to leave ..
"Wait " he replied in hoarse voice and my feet stopped ..
"I'll wait outside " I tried to make the words but they only came out in murmur ..
"It's okay , you don't have to " he replied and I turned to look at him .
He pulled a t-shirt down his body .
"Do you want to say something " he asked raising his brow ; for the first time his voice was serious and his looks were even more serious ..

May be seeing me with Austin has changed his mind and his feelings for me ..
That's even better for me , now I don't have to feel guilty for anyone ..

"I think you should replace someone with me " I replied gulping the lump  obstructing my voice ..
"I can't do that Nancy , you were selected for the team by Matthew sir and it's final " he replied ..
"Okay then I'll talk to Matthew sir " I replied but he didn't replied back  anything ; my heart sank and my eyes filled up with water ..
I was about to leave the changing room ..
"Wait " he replied and  I heard his footsteps coming towards my direction ..
My eyes lost the courage to look at him directly so my eyelids dropped and a tear slipped down my eyes making its path on my cheek and finally on the floor ..

He came a bit closer to me and I hurriedly wiped the tear drops from the back of my hand ..
"Are you okay ? " He asked but I  didn't bother to look up ..

Yeah I'm way more then okay , it's just my heart aches a lot today ; and these  eyes are not listening to me , and my mind is a mess , but other than this everything is fine ..

"Hmm " I replied looking at the floor.
We remained silent for a while and I realise that I should leave now ..
" I'm leav .." those words just came out of my mouth but before I could complete it his warm firm hand slid to my cheek , holding back of my neck and my eyelids slowly moved upward to meet his concern gaze ...

Those tiny drops of water coalesce together and started floating in my eyes ,may be afraid of falling alone  ; my vision became little blurry but I still  saw his face coming closer to mine and my eyes shut closed in response letting those tears down my cheek one by one ..

A tiny drop again escaped my eye following the same path the rest were but was arrested  in the  midway by his soft lips ...

His warm soft lips collided against my wet cheek and my heart started racing fast subsiding all the thoughts that was rattling in my mind since a week ..

For the first time I realised what's the meaning of  "world stopped ", cause at that moment everything surrounding me was really stopped , my mind stopped thinking anything , my breath hitched in my throat ; the only sound I was listening was the loud thumping of my heart ..
I just want to be like this , no matter if mind still thinks it is wrong ?

He gently removed his lips from my cheek and I opened my eyes to see his beautiful eyes ..
His other hand was still on my neck and my eyes were communicating with his ...
"You aren't going anywhere " he said after a long time ..
"I'm not gonna replace you , you'll be in my team and I know you won't let us down " he replied and my heart overwhelmed by his words ..

" The eyes those silent tongue of love "...❣️
           ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey everyone ...
For me this is one of the  most beautiful chapter of this story; not only cause you gonna read something more interesting in upcoming chapters 😉
And which one is yours ?
Please vote and comment if you like it 💖💖💖💖