I believe in You ...

Note : I don't have any professional knowledge about Volleyball , if you find any error do tell me in comments or dm me ...

Nancy's Pov

You must be thinking of me as stupid or may be I'm a fool , a big fool , but for me Austin wasn't someone with whom I accidentally met and came into relationship ..
We were best friends since my childhood and I trusted him more than any one else but he broke my trust into several pieces ...
Whenever he came infront of me  those pieces penetrate deep into my heart everytime freshening my wound and giving me a lot of unbearable pain..

Our whole team gathered into court before time , we were discussing some tactics ...
Ria had match today and Suzie went with her ...
My eyes landed on Austin and his girlfriend , and I felt a sharp pain in my heart ..
I remembered the time of Wisdom school when he cheer for me , and now he didn't even came to wish me luck ..
"Ignore him " Emily came from behind giving me a hug ..
"All the best " both she and Keith wished me luck and left ...

Still half an hour was left and with passing time my heartbeat was errotically increasing ..
The person who was looking more sad then me was Noel , I wasn't aware what happened to him but he wasn't looking good ..
He was very tensed and continuously looking at his watch ...
Is he he worried about match?
Definitely ! Last time after Austin's incident I really played bad ..

He left the court and , I followed him to the school ..
"Noel " I shouted his name and he turned to look at me ..
The corridor was empty and we were alone staring at each other, I took few steps towards him , his expressions were still sterned but his eyes were very concerned for something ..
"Are you worried about the match ? " I asked in low voice , he didn't replied anything but his expressions soften a bit ..
"You don't have to worry about me , I'll do my best " I replied to assure him ...
He was continuously looking at me, and all of sudden  his hand gently caressed my hairs ,
I was confused by his sudden gesture ..

"I believe in you " he replied giving a soft peck on my forehead and a warm wave float through out my body ....
"And I know we'll won this match " he replied with a small smile , his eyes were still deep ..
My pupils were dilated capturing  this side of Noel .
His eyes always made their ways  to my aching heart , curing it with love , soothing it gently with utmost care and his voice act as an aid , an ointment that relieved me from my all pain and worries ..

"Nancy " I heard Emily's voice , she was calling me ..
"I'll be back in five minutes" he replied , one more time looking in my eyes and  strolled towards the washroom ..
I was still confused gawking at the place where he were standing just a moment ago ..
"What are you looking at , let's go " Emily shouted ..
"Yeah "
My heart filled with anonymous warmth ...
I've witnessed his most of the sides,  that rude arrogant captain with his sterned expressions , that flirty Noel teasing me in washroom and that furious Noel , but all these sides his this sweet caring nature touched my heart ..

I came back to the court , match was about to begin and Austin was giving his girlfriend a hug ..
I wasn't interested in their PDA so I looked away ..

Match started and just after a minute all of us realised that they were not easy to defeat ..
Still somehow we managed to win the first set of match ..
But second set was getting more tensed for us as they got more points than us and were leading us by two points  ..
Especially Sophia , she was very competitive and may be she took Austin's advice very seriously (to defeat me )  cause since first service I was her target , like she is determined to defeat me in this match ...

She was standing just in front of me  at middle position and everytime her determined face was making me more eager to win the match ..

But you know unreasonable haste is the direct road to error .
Due to my impatience behaviour and hastiness  my foot crossed the boundary and they won the second set ...
I was devastated because it was all happened due to my fault..
"It's okay " Will told me as we were changing our court , but I didn't replied ..
"Listen everyone " Noel shouted and we all gathered around him , I didn't look up ..
He was telling us some more tactics but my mind was still wandering around the mistake ..
"Nancy " Noel shouted my name loudly , pulling me back into reality ..
"What were you thinking " he asked.
"I'm sorry" I replied , I was feeling very bad  .

"Don't worry , we still have third set Nancy and please this time try to break her nose " James said in low voice pointing at Sophia and everyone giggled ..
"Go back to your position" Noel said and each of us followed him ..
Match was on it's peak , none of the team were ready to lose easily ..
Both the teams were at same points .

I think like me Sophia too wants to defeat me and that's why while blocking the ball she accidentally touched the net and we get a point ...

"Nancy " Noel said in low voice and I looked at him ..
"I'll try to set the ball for you , be ready " he said , his eyes gave me strength and confidence to win ..
I nodded,  then he went to say something to James..

"Let me block the ball" James said to me and I again nodded .
It was last winning point and in any condition we want to win it ..

Willl serve the ball and for a unknown moment the ball remained in air ..
The air surrounding us  was getting tensed as everyone gathered around the court for watching the final moment ..
My heart was pounding hard and with every passing second my limbs was getting numb ..
Sophia furiously strike the ball infront of me , but I took few steps back giving James a full access to hit the ball , he gently hit it  passing it to Noel ..
"Nancy " Noel called my name hitting the ball above net and I jumped  high with all my strength giving a hard smash to the ball and slamming it on opposite court ...

For a moment everything remained silent and I was looking across the court , the next moment loud cheer from the crowd declared our victory ..

"Awesome " James happily said giving me a side hug ..
Noel took big steps and jumped on us giving both of us a tight hug ,
James said something like nice spike that I couldn't hear properly due to loud noises ..
He came closer to me .
"I told you we'll win " he said and I smiled back .
Within a second whole team jumped on us ...
Those were the best moments of that day , Emily and Keith was hooting for me like an idiots forgetting the fact that we won against their school ...

Suzie and Ria came for congratulating me ..
"Wooo hooo Now we can do a grand celebration " Suzie replied giving me a hug ..
"What happened in your match " I asked Ria ..
"She won, you won " Suzie excitedly replied and we giggled ..
Accidentally my eyes landed on Austin but he wasn't with his girlfriend instead he was looking in my direction ..
I ignored his gaze , I can't let him ruin this happiest moment ...

"I hope you believe in yourself
As much as I believe in you " ...❣️
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey 😊
How was the chapter ?
Do comment and please vote 💞