Hurt ...

Nancy's Pov

We were practicing really hard these days although deep down in my mind I was disturbed by the thought of meeting Austin .. but I didn't let this affect my game , I wanted to do my best in the competition ..

The more you try avoid any situation , the faster it come towards you .
Same happened with me , a week literally flew by in the blink of an eye ...
It was Sunday morning and me Ria and Suzie were sitting on the bed in my room and were discussing about the coming students from different schools and when they will come and where are they going to stay ..

"Five schools are coming " Suzie said reading a message on her monitor's and teachers group ..
"Westwood high is one of them " I replied putting a chips in my mouth ..
"You mean your ex-school " Ria asked and I nodded .

"Shit dude " Suzie said annoyingly ..
"What happened ? " I asked ..
"I've to go , they called us for welcoming the guest " she hurriedly replied combing her hairs ..
"Do you guys wanna join me ? ".
" No way " both me and Ria replied and chuckled ...
Meeting Austin will be the last thing I wished to do and Ria was watching a k-drama so she was not ready to leave it mid-way ..
Suzie gave a nasty look to us and left .

"Nancy " Ria shouted almost waking me up from the sleep ..
"Hmm" I murmured ..
"Get up , it's already 5 pm aren't you going for the practice " she replied wearing her sports t-shirt ..
I got up sleepy-headed ; I definitely couldn't skip my practice otherwise Mr Volleyball Captain would kill me..
"Isn't Suzie came back ? " I asked Ria tying my hair together into a pony ..
"Not yet " she replied ..
I asked her to wait for me as I went to change my clothes ...

While passing through the basketball court my mind was thinking about the Austin , I increased my pace so even he was practicing their wouldn't notice me ...

"Nancy " A girl shouted from the court and ran towards me ...
"Emily" I happily replied giving her a firm hug , a boy with blue eyes was smiling at me ...
"Keith " I replied giving him a hug too .
"You must have forgotten us ? " He replied with a complained look ..
"No I didn't " I tried to prevent myself ..
"Lie , it's a complete lie " Emily replied and I knew that she won't be going to stop here untill she didn't vent her anger on me so I didn't reply anything and silently listened to her and I truly deserved this ..

"You hadn't send us a single message , you removed yourself from our group and you didn't even came to meet us when we are here" she furiously ended ..
I could clearly hear the Keith chuckle ..
" Okay , I'm really sorry " I genuinely apologized
Definitely I was wrong; they were my closest friends there but after my transfer I actually became a little mean to avoid any news about Austin and that's why I kept myself away from everyone ..
I knew that he was never serious about our relationship but it hurts me seeing him with other girls .
I didn't understand why ? And may be I'll never knew it, but I couldn't move on my life like Austin cause a tinge of guilt or something was still inside me possibly waiting for a official breakup from Austin or possibly my heart wants to hear his side story ..
Atleast he should tell me why did he broken my trust ?
I definitely not did not love him anymore or may be we never loved each other only were infatuated but still my heart hurts and that might be the reason I'm still running away from Noel...

" I'm sorry " I replied pulling her t-shirt and giving her the cutest possible cry face ..
"It's okay " she replied and I smiled .
Keith eyes landed on Ria and I realise that she has been too standing there ...
"Ohh sorry again , I forget to introduce her" I replied hastily ..
"She is Ria , and Ria she is Emily and he is Keith my best of friends from Westwood and they both of play basketball" I replied ..
They greeted each other. And I found that Keith was looking interested in Ria , but shaking off all these thoughts , I recalled that I was already thirty minutes late ..
"Guys I'm really getting late for the practice " I replied hurriedly ..
"Okay , But you can't run away " Emily replied and a my lips tucked up in smile ...
"Definitely not , where are staying " I asked them ..
"Actually all girls are staying at an hostel " Emily replied and I understood , it's a newly constructed hostel and was vacant.
"And boys are staying at boys' hostel " Keith replied .
"Okay till when are you going to practice here " I asked Emily .
"Around 6:30 to 6:45 " she replied ..
"Okay then wait for me here , or I will give you call , then I'll show my room " I replied ..
"Okay " they replied and left ..

Ria went for chess practice and I headed towards the volleyball court ; everybody was sitting outside the court may be after half an hour of practice..

"Where have you been ? " Noel asked (or should I say Mr captain asked ) ..
I was going to say something when a boy jumped on me giving me a tight hug ..
"Hey babe " the voice reached my eardrum making my whole body numb and the worst thing that I was avoiding from the whole day happened , that too infront of Noel ..
I pulled myself away from his grip ..
"Hi Austin " I replied with a forced smile trying hard to resist the anger and other emotions knitting inside me ..
"Everyone at court " Noel shouted, I was not sure but I heard a little bit of anger in his voice ...

Everyone left except for the Noel, he didn't move a bit making the whole scenerio more awkward for me ;We remained silent for a while.
"He is Noel my friend and volleyball captain " I decided to introduce them just to break the ice and normalise the situation ..
" And Noel he is Austin my friend " I replied ..
"Friend ? " Austin replied raising his one brow ..
"She was my girlfriend dude , we were actually childhood sweethearts " Austin replied with his creepy smile tucking a hair behind my ear ..

I removed his hand from my hairs .
I could clearly sense the tension rising there , Noel's fingers clutched into fist and his jaw was clenched , like anytime soon he'll kill him ..
I knew that what Noel feel about me but he didn't have to make it too obvious for others ..
"What are doing here ? " I asked almost questioning Austin and he remained stunned due to my sudden response ..
"I mean you should be practicing basketball " I replied in more humble manner ..
"Oh I just came to see Sophia " he replied ..
So he didn't came for me , and something sharp pierced my heart..

"She is coming here " he added excitedly , and my eyes turned to look at her ..
A blonde hair girl was strolling towards us , swaying her hips in air and playing with her lock on finger ..
Definitely she was Austin type girl , sexy , good looking and not caring for anything..
"Hey cutie " she said placing her lips on Austin's cheek ..
I just lowered down my eyes to not see their love moment ..
"Nancy meet my new girlfriend Sophia " he replied snaking his arms against her waist ...
And that time I realise that she was the same girl whom I saw in the video,  in which Austin was kissing her badly ..
I felt a deep pang in my heart ..
You can call me dumb , you can call me idiot or stupid but I really felt that sudden burden on my heart like it was crashing down by something hard ..

Yeah , I knew that he was dating girls behind my back , I knew that he was cheating on me but he never dared introduce them to me ...
May be now he thought that I changed my school so he had no obligation towards that relationship but more than anything else wasn't he my bestfriend ?
Shouldn't he apologized to me for braking up with me or atleast could have clarified to me ?

"Hey what happens ? " He asked , pulling me from my thoughts ..
"Hi " I replied holding back the tears floating in my eyeball  ...
"So you are the Nancy , I actually heard about you a lot " she replied looking at me from top to bottom and I just foolishly smiled ..
"Yup and she really plays well , and I want to see you defeating her in volleyball match  " he replied snuggling close to his new girlfriend and winking at me ..
But I lost every courage to say anything , I just stood there looking at them ...
Is that why I was hesitant to move on in my life ?
Just to see him with his new girlfriend ?

" When you care for someone more than they deserve ,
You get hurt more than you
deserve "...
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hope you enjoyed the chapter 💝
Please do vote and comment 💖🤗