Chapter 50

warning: major black widow spoilers

After a while, Wanda came up to Freya and Natasha, her eyes having something of the old shimmer in them. "So, what do we do now?", she asked, her voice horribly hoarse after not being used for weeks.

Freya opened her mouth, but Steve answered for her instead. "Vision is waiting outside", he said. "He has a plan of you two going to Scotland for a while until everything settled here."

Freya looked at her sister and saw her eyes lightening up with happiness. "Scotland? With Vision?"

"Yes, but we have some rules", Natasha interrupted her. "We stay in contact, you check in occasionally and don't take any chances."

Wanda nodded. "Of course", she said.

Freya nodded towards Sam, Scott and Clint chatting a few feet away. "What about these guys?", she asked.

"Sam and I will stay with you two", Steve answered. "We can never stay at one place for too long, try to stay out of reach and not draw attention. For those two" - he pointed to Scott and Clint - "From what I've heard they want to go back to their families. Try to make some kind of deal with the government that allows them to stay with them."

"I guess we better get going", Natasha said and looked to the door as if she was fearing anyone might storm in on them.

"You're right", Steve answered and then said, a little louder: "Come along, everyone."

Like a class on a school trip, everyone followed behind him to the Avengers Quinjet already waiting in the hangar of the prison, the Raft, as Natasha explained to Freya. When they arrived at the jet, Vision was also there - but it was also not really Vision.

It was a man looking around Freya's age, short, blonde hair and normal human clothes. The only thing that indicated that he was indeed Vision was the yellow gem in his forehead, but even that was already slowly disappearing.

The second they entered the jet, it took off and Freya got a full view on the raft, the prison she's been held in for weeks.

It was in the middle of the ocean, waves crashing against the round metal structure and after they took off, it already started disappearing under the surface again. A few seconds later it was gone, completely swallowed by the waves.

"I didn't even know where I was", Freya said to Natasha standing next to her. "I didn't know how long I was there. It felt like months."

"I am so sorry, Freya", Nat whispered. "I can't even imagine what happened to you in there. I didn't know they would take you here."

"Hey." Freya put her hand on Natasha's chin and made her look at her. "This wasn't your fault, okay? None of it. Just with your help Steve and Bucky managed to get off the airport." Freya let her hand sink again, looking around the jet. "By the way, where is Bucky?"

Natasha looked to where Steve was standing at the front as if expecting help, but he didn't turn around to them. "He's in Wakanda", Natasha finally answered. "Shuri, King T'Challa's sister, can maybe completely erase the mind control out of Bucky's brain." At the words mind control, Natasha's voice trembled and this sadness passed over her eyes again.

"Natasha, what happened in those few weeks?", Freya demanded. "Where were you?"

"Just..." She hesitated as if searching for the right word. "Family business", she finally said. "But I'll tell you all about it when we're at our first hotel."