20

It was about three in the morning once we arrived. The sun rose up fairly quickly, but we still had a few hours to ourselves, approximately until 5-6 am. We headed up the mountain that I lived on and joined hands as we went past my house and stopped to look at the stunning view of the sleeping city from above, after what we began to carefully descend down to the other side of the hill, where a small village could be seen.

Small houses stood in rows near a large wheat field, though I didn't pay attention to the view as I climbed down, minding every step of mine so I wouldn't trip over. As we reached the ground, we decided to walk around the spacious area and went straight to explore a row of miniature traditional houses. This place wasn't so big, so once we passed by all the small buildings, we came out to the path that lead to another neighbourhood, but instead of following it, we headed straight to the bushy field that was surrounded by a medium-height wooden fence. 

We climbed up on the log build and sat down next to each other. Crickets sitting in the tall moist grass screeched quietly, light wind haunted the tops of slim trees standing in the field, and the birds chirped peacefully on the fragile branches.

The view was truly hypnotising, the thick field with the light blue sky in the background, the fading dusty moon and the warm mist...

...

"How beautiful...~"

...

A moment of pure silence reigned over us but was soon disturbed by the sounds of nature, and I started softly humming  a melodic song as I looked upon the rising mist that tangled in the grass. 

...

"Oh my... Darling I never knew you could sing so well...~ What's this song that you were singing?~" He  complimented me as he stroked my hand.

...

"I always sang it with Muichiro... ~" I said as I inhaled the fresh cool air and stared into the distance.

...

"Muichiro..? Who's that..?"

...

Many memories began to flood back into my head before I started speaking. Muichiro. He was my friend. I had forgotten about him...

...

"When I was a human, I was friends with a young boy named Muichiro. He had beautiful blue-mint eyes and raven-black hair that faded into a minty shade halfway and all the way to his tips. He lives here. I met him when I was visiting my grandmother one time. I always ran away from home while everyone was asleep and walked freely around this area, and I sat in this same place and stared at the view until he sat down next to me. We just looked at the clouds until one of us struck up a conversation and we became good friends since then. We met up at the same place every night and stayed up until sunrise, walking into the depths of the field, getting lost within the mist. We were best friends, and we always sang this song when we looked at this exact view. But our friendship stopped because I had to leave, and then later on I was turned into a demon. Then I found out that he was one of the Hashira, he's the mist pillar. I used to watch him still come to this place and sit all by himself. It really wounded me seeing him stare into nothing and sing this by himself... He still doesn't know that I am demon, and I'm not sure if he still remembers me either. But he was my only friend back then, and I miss him a lot."

...

Tears welled up in my eyes when I spoke, but as I looked at Enmu, he just coldly stared at the mist and turned his head away.

...

That made me feel so... Vulnerable.

*Hey guys, recently I discovered that I'm also a Muichiro simp now~ I will be writing a Muichiro x reader story too~ Small spoiler~ it's going to be linked with this part of the chapter about your life with Muichiro before you became a demon~ More information about this later~ Stay tuned~*