28

The look on Master's face didn't foretell anything pleasant, did something very serious happen? I wasn't panicking, but certainly I had some doubts, and the tension just kept rising. Muzan trusted the upper moons, along with Enmu and I, so he wouldn't just carelessly kill us.

Right..?

Everyone fell silent in anticipation and expected Muzan to say something unimaginable, but little did we know.

...

"You did great." He praised us.

I was startled... Why was he so kind?

"You all did a very dignifying job. Well done."

A small smile formed on my face as he spoke, giving Enmu and I a quick glance with a light smirk along with the lines:

"You two impressed me as well. I'm surprised that my number one Lower moons aren't useless after all. Keep your work at this level and don't disappoint me."

He never commended us like that. I felt my face heat up as he smiled at us while we remained on the floor, bowing down to him.

"The next assignment is coming soon, you'll have time to prepare. Now, I allow you to stay here for a couple of hours, do what you want. Nakime, make sure everyone's gone by the time I arrive back." He commanded Nakime as she nodded and he turned around, fully vanishing after the chime of the biwa's strings.

...

"...What just happened..?" I pronounced in confusion.

"We've been praised." Akaza replied.

"I mean... How. Why is he so kind to us.."

"I don't know. But we can do whatever we want." Kokushibo calmly answered instead.

Everyone gradually proceeded to converse between one another, and Douma was obviously going to approach me, just before Enmu stopped him. There goes another argument. I didn't really have a strong desire to stay here since the chaos only kept growing. I just peacefully stood still and stared into the depths of the fortress when someone suddenly yanked my arm and pulled me over a wall.

It was...

Daki..?

That same angered look on her face remained as our eyes met, but there was a slight difference this time... She had a blush on her face... I could see that she wanted to tell me something but she just didn't bother to blurt it out, so I sighted and spoke first.

"What do you want from me."

...

She didn't reply. She just arched her eyebrow and continued staring at me for absolutely no reason.

"I don't know what you need from me but I'll make myself clear one last time. You're not going to insult me anymore nor force my lover into complimenting you. Leave Enmu alone and go to your lovely Gyutaro. You always twirl your ass around him."

"He's my brother, you dumbass."

Well that was unexpected. I snapped my fingers as I felt something trigger inside me, and it didn't seem pretty at all. One more word from her and I'll lose myself.

"Listen why did you bring me here."

"Shush." She hissed at me, placing her index finger over my lips as a flirty smirk spread across her face.

" She hissed at me, placing her index finger over my lips as a flirty smirk spread across her face

"You know..." 

She didn't finish her sentence as she kept approaching me. The distance between us closed more and more by each step she took, until her face was so close to mine, that our noses touched for a split second as she stood right in front of me.

"Wh-"

...

She kissed me.

...

Daki kissed me.

...

And it wasn't a quick smooch, it was a decently long kiss.

...

Saying that I was shocked simply wasn't enough. I never expected this from someone who kept coming at me and forcing my lover into doing something he didn't want to do. But her soft pink lips felt so gentle... This kiss is different to the one Enmu and I had for the first time.

I stood in pure confusion as she pulled back and let out a small giggle, witnessing how my face slightly reddened while I stared into nothing again. The scene replayed in my mind over and over... Why would she ever kiss me. 

"I was thinking, why would I waste my time fighting with you? Despite all the things I've said, I'd prefer to be your friend instead of your enemy, so I take everything I've said back. You're strong and attractive, and also fortunate to have me, Daki herself, offer you friendship. Or even... More than friendship.~"

...

"Is this some kind of fucked up prank? If I'm being truly honest, I don't want to be your friend, neither your partner. I'm taken. But if you were to actually apologize, I might reconsider becoming friends, since I'm tired of this bullshit myself. And besides that, who else is planning to kiss me?! Akaza? Or maybe Kokushibo? I feel like sometimes people simply forget about Enmu's existence or the fact that he's mine."

"Fine. I apologize. But you shall as well! Also... Wait, did you say someone else kissed you? Admit it, was it Douma?! Spill it, spill it, spill it!!" She exclaimed as she grabbed my hands and suppressed her giggles.

"Well it was a small kiss on my nose but yes, who else could it be. Douma sticks to me every second... But worst of all, Enmu doesn't know about it. And if he finds out, both Douma and I are dead. He's one jealous bastard who'd destroy the one who angers him. ...And if you dare to tell him I'll actually tear you to shreds."

"Yeah yeah, quit trying to scare me. I won't tell him as long as you won't be an annoying bitch"

"... Okay then. Now what..?"

As soon as I finished talking, Daki grabbed my hand and ran over to Nakime, without answering my question. The mysterious black-haired woman sat still near the rest of the crowd and stayed silent, not moving a single muscle. 

"Huh? Where are you two going?" Enmu questioned as we wizzed passed him.

"We'll be there soon!! Wait there!" Daki's voice echoed away, along with the sound of Nakime's strum.