67

As I took a step on the porch and slid the door open, the same heart-warming atmosphere indulged me completely, making me feel so fuzzy inside. The dim lighting gently flickered around the house and the aroma of a butterscotch-cinnamon scented candle twirled around in the air. The lit fireplace near the entrance crackled softly and brought back the nostalgic homely vibe, which kept making me smile each second.

"You visited my home while I was away, didn't you?" I questioned Enmu as I realised that none of these things were lit the last time I was here.

"Yeah.. Almost every night. But I never stayed in it for long, it's your house after all"

"Ah, I see.. Well then, I should thank you for at least looking after this place while I wasn't here~"

"Sure thing~" He softly murmured as I came up to him and left a sweet kiss on his cheek.

...

I stacked my clothing up and placed it in a wooden armoire as I hummed a calming song while Enmu peacefully sat near a window and looked at the darkened view, opening into the same iconic birch-spruce forest. I felt so glad to be back in my place, the thought of me leaving this house to live with Douma, out of everyone I knew, disgusted and annoyed me more and more, because I could've lived here by myself instead, but that asshole was so pushy and he would've never left me alone. I thought that giving him a chance was worth it, but I was oh so wrong.

These ugly thoughts featuring Douma ran around my head as I continued putting my things away. Will I ever be able to get rid of those memories? I don't wan't to remember Douma almost raping me, nor do I want to remember the day I said "Yes" to living with him. I wish that none of this would've happened, and a small glimmer of hope flashed in my eyes as Enmu offered me to go down town.

"To be honest I'm kind of tired of that place now. But I guess I can get myself distracted by murdering someone tonight...~" I answered him as a gleeful smile spread across my face.

"Sounds like a plan~" He said as he stood up and welcomed me to the exit while I put the last few bits of clothing away and closed the shelf.

"Actually wait, just stay here for a while, I'll quickly get changed, I won't take long, I promise~" Enmu added as he walked over to the armoire and grabbed some clothes, heading over to the bathroom while I calmly stood by the entrance of the house and opened the door, looking at the view from a small peak. 

As Enmu left, my thoughts about him never escaped. Since he mentioned the word "Change", I kept thinking about the way he dressed. I alway looked up to Enmu's sense of fashion before we even knew each other; every time he appeared in the infinity fortress looking so formal and elegant, I couldn't help myself but stare at his fascinating black coat with the two cuts on the sides, revealing his hips.

I wasn't really the type to wear traditional kimonos and yukatas either, I much rather preferred wearing classic European style clothing, and now I particularly have a passion for long coats, especially in the shade of raven black or dark grey, because they simply reminded me of Enmu.

...

"Well, I'm ready~" His voice rang out behind me, and I looked over to witness him dressed in that dark blue yukata with a haori which faded from a hibiscus red to teal with the kanji "夢" imprinted all over it.

"Ah...~ Glad to see you wear this lovely outfit again...~" I said as he came over to me and took my hand, opening the door wider and inviting me to go through.

"Now then, let's go my dear...~"

...

We escaped the house into the beautiful midnight hours and descended down the mountain while dearly holding each other. I strolled around in the bustling city with my lover by the arm as the moon lit up the unpopulated streets due to the recent demon incidents. We wandered around posing as humans, but little did the citizens know that what they feared the most was right next to them.