33

We headed back to my mountain before the sun would fully light up the empty streets of the city, where people roam around in the evening and create a bustle. We approached the boundaries of the town and started hurrying uphill, holding each other as we gradually ran out of breath. It felt like a whole eternity while we made our way up; a few clouds spared some of time, but it felt like the sun would burn right through them and turn me into ashes any second.

"Hey, get up on my back, I'll carry you.." Enmu exclaimed as he slowed down.

"Enmu no, you won't be able to hold me for long, you're too exhausted-"

"Don't argue, just get on me" He snapped as he ran up to me and bent down, waiting for me to climb on his back.

"Trust me I'll be fine..~" He whispered as he gasped for air before he picked me up and continued running forward.

"Enmu..."

I felt him slightly collapse now and then as he was terribly close to reaching the top, I felt so uneasy being carried around this way, but it felt so pleasant at the same time... Being held close by him as my arms were wrapped around his shoulders as he ran up at a brisk pace, trying to save me from the sun...

Sweat dripped off his forehead as he dragged me over to my house and slid the shoji door open. He carefully bent down, helping me get back up onto my feet, but I was so exhausted that I could no longer stand up nor regenerate, so I collapsed to the floor, breathing heavily.

"Oh dear... You need some rest.." He said as he picked me up in a bridal style and carried me over to the couch.

"No.. Enmu... Let go of me.. I can...-"

"You'll fall over again, there's no way I'm letting go." He said as he placed me on the soft surface and caressed my cheeks.

"I'll go take a quick shower, please just rest for a while.. Okay..?" He softly whispered as I slowly nodded and took his hand.

He kissed it before he walked over into the bathroom and closed the door, turning the water on. I laid on my back with my eyes shut and tried my best to fall asleep, but unfortunately faced no luck. I heard the streams of water crash against the tiled floor, which sounded more like waterfalls that surrounded me as Enmu continued bathing. It felt like someone stretched the time and everything lasted so slowly... It's been only ten minutes since he got in the shower, but it feels like I've been trying to rest for ten hours...

...

"Darling..? I'm out, you can use the bathroom now.." He called out as he opened the door and let the steam burst out into the entire house as I slowly turned my head and watched him motionlessly stand and peer into my eyes, dripping wet.

"Sure.. Please don't come in." I warned him as I stood up an headed over to the humid room, gently tracing my fingers against his waist as I passed, making him let out a quiet gasp.

I slid the door closed and dropped my heavy clothes off, filling up the bathtub with lukewarm water. I added some aromatic vanilla scented bath oil and touched the golden liquid that floated around with my toe before taking a step in and sinking into it, laying down under the water, holding my breath.

I sat under the water and let my thoughts fly out of my head as the muted sound of the running tap echoed in my ears. Oh how pleasurable it was to sit in the warm bath and wash off all the dirt and dried blood, along with thoughts that kept bothering me deep down inside. I gasped for air and thew my head up, making my hair flow around and cover the ceiling with water as the droplets scattered around the room and dripped down on me.

I glanced at a massive window beside me, which opened up a view of fresh birch trees that trapped sunlight with their slim white branches and the giant spruces protecting them in front. The trees gave me more privacy, and my soul felt so calm and relaxed for once. I rested my eyes and took a deep breath before reaching the verge of falling asleep. It's been almost half and hour, and just before I finally managed to sink into a pleasant vivid dream, a drop of water fell onto my face from the ceiling, and my eyes shot open.

I didn't want to take too long and drained the water as soon as I awoke. I stood up and grabbed a towel, stepping out of the cooled tub and wrapping it around my body. I stared at the view before dabbing out my hair and pulling a silky black floral kimono bathrobe on.

I slid the door open and walked over to Enmu with steam trailing behind me. Throughout this time he continuously sat on the couch and patiently waited for me to go out, and he instantly averted his gaze in my direction as soon as I exited the heated bathroom. I sat down by him and he dropped into my arms, craving for my attention. I wrapped my legs around his back, gently squeezing him with my thighs as he pulled up to my face and kissed my cheek.

"I had some plans for today, how are you feeling now? Still tired or-" I cut him off as placed my index finger over his soft lips.

"Stop...~ Are those plans really that important..?~ I just wanna be with you tonight...~" My flirty voice rang out as I approached his blushing face.

"Awh I love making you blush...~ You're so cute when you're flustered...~" I continued as I stroked his pink cheek.

...

"If only you could see the thoughts in my head...~" I whispered as our lips gently touched, brighting me up with a shot of energy.